WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, been eyeing this jumbo Longines on the bay with a 12.68z movement.

The pictures aren't very good, and underexposed. I've tried asking for better pics, but the seller says this is the best he can do.

The case looks unpolished. Dial... hmmm... I don't think it's a redial, but the wings under 'Longines' look slightly crooked, though it could be the angle.

Thoughts? I'm vascillating between non-redial vs old redial.

Movement looks ok though I'm definitely prone to missing movement problems, so any 'tells' would help!

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Re-dial. 'Swiss Made' is not correctly centered. 'L' in Longines too low etc.

With images relatively bad, it would always be good to repeat the marking and numbers in the text (the seller should be able to provide this).

Looks like someone has worked with a correction fluid brush which is also on the sides around the numbers... The stuff is partly coming off again...

·
Premium Member
7,490 Posts
For some reason the photos are very "grainy", but it certainly appears that some white paint is coating the sides of the applied numerals (as B-R mentioned) and the logo, and it almost seems like one can see little spots of paint on top of the makers in some places. On the other hand, sometimes reflections can make it appear that this is the case, and these photos are not good. I also don't like the "pitting" on the surface of the dial.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Also paint creep up the sides of numerals/markers -a sign of a redial as the numerals would original have been applied to the dial after the paint job was dry.
Most re-dials tend to leave the markers in place and paint around/over them .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts