WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:: STURMANSKIE REMAKE- OCEAN - it shows $390 when you click on "next picture" or paid via PayPal. Is this the authentic Volmax Sturmanskie remake? Are there other remakes?
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

the interesting thing is that Ocean vintages, even of dubious origin err... perhaps Frankens ... end up about $320 on eBay. Is it just because of the remake differences?

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
THIS is the Volmax remake:
View attachment 644374

For the rest search "poliot.ch" on this forum!!! Aviator-watch.com = poliot.ch !!!!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for the answer! Interesting feedbacks in this forum for poljot.ch

BTW this Okean is not what Daniel Schulthess eventually sends (from his email):

not made by Volmax, VM does no more produce russina watches.
The watch is no more like on picture actually. The inner bezel does no more rotate, no crown on the left,
but better water-resistance.

·
Registered
887 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
well, thank you, but the aviator-watch.com guy wrote that there is NO crown on the left and the bezel is not rotating. I haven't seen such Ocean yet - did you?

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
This thread might hold some answers for you:

https://www.watchuseek.com/f10/question-about-okeah-watch-options-407407.html

The watch in the link you've posted looks like the earlier Sturmanskie re-issue with the Okeah dial. Below is my Okeah re-issue (Volmax?) which appears to differ from yours only in the case back design and the red chrono minute counter.

View attachment 644599 View attachment 644600
One wishes to have a transparent glass wrist to wear this one!

·
Registered
155 Posts
This thread might hold some answers for you:

https://www.watchuseek.com/f10/question-about-okeah-watch-options-407407.html

The watch in the link you've posted looks like the earlier Sturmanskie re-issue with the Okeah dial. Below is my Okeah re-issue (Volmax?) which appears to differ from yours only in the case back design and the red chrono minute counter.

View attachment 644599 View attachment 644600
I bought this kind of watch from this shop featured in this thread. Although it was almost 2 years ago. They had a pricing error $320(all the other Shturmaskies were 390) and I pressed the trigger.

·
Registered
887 Posts
well, thank you, but the aviator-watch.com guy wrote that there is NO crown on the left and the bezel is not rotating. I haven't seen such Ocean yet - did you?
I guess a re-issue is just that - a re-issue. They are never 100% faithful to the original. IMHO, however, the dual-crowns and rotating bezel are signature features for an Okeah.

Juri Levenburg's book features a Sturmanskie with this case type that has no second crown or rotating bezel, however.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
The Sturmanskie 31659 (hacking) military watch featured a case with no left crown, and Julian sometimes has reissues available (see below). It sounds like the manufacturer of the non-Volmax reissues (Maktime?) has fitted Okean dials to these Sturmanskie cases.

Watch Analog watch Fashion accessory Watch accessory Jewellery

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
update - I bought it at the time :(

BUT the watch displayed on the site is NOT what buyer would get, confirmed by the site owner.

Furthermore, he failed to refund the cancelled transaction since he doesn't have enough money, as he wrote to me.

And he was OK with me opening the case at PayPal!

Can you believe that?

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
update - I bought it at the time :(

BUT the watch displayed on the site is NOT what buyer would get, confirmed by the site owner.

Furthermore, he failed to refund the cancelled transaction since he doesn't have enough money, as he wrote to me.

And he was OK with me opening the case at PayPal!

Can you believe that?
Oh man, you've gotta be kidding! That's the craziest thing i've heard in a while! Good luck with it!

·
Registered
12,977 Posts
Don't understand this. If you paid for a watch that isn't there for sale how can he say he has no money, utter nonsence.
At the weekend I ordered elsewhere something a little more than this that I've been after for a couple of years, on monday had a an email saying he'd re-checked his stock and not there, also he'd been to the works and no longer available, offered alternatives , but I only wanted 'it'. Tuesday the refund was returned to my paypal awaiting clearance.
Had a similar experience last autumn with another supplier, and again money returned within hours, so can't understand how anyone who wants to stay in business can even think of doing this.
Hope all goes ok for you.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok, case closed - only AFTER I opened a case in the PayPal Resolution center

Chronology:

- bought the watch on Feb 29, no confirmation email, nothing
- Mar 1 - asked to confirm, no response
- Mar 5 - asked to cancel, his quick response - why?
- Mar 6 - his clarification - BTW the watch on the picture is not what would be sent (not sure of the origin), I reconfirmed the cancelation
- Mar 13 - asking where is the refund - no response
- Mar 20 - asking again, giving 2 days
- Mar 21 - opened case with PP - explanation from him - didn't have funds available
- Mar 21 - refund issued, case closed (he kept my money for 3 weeks and obviously didn't intend to return easily)

Bottom line - if the transaction doesn't pass the smell test - open the case with PayPal immediately!

Also - my recomendation: DO NOT buy from this seller & his sites - as listed at Aviator-watch.com Russian Pilot-/Flight Watches online - Poljot, Junkers, Aristo, Moscow Classic - huge Onlineshop

·
Registered
906 Posts
ok, case closed - only AFTER I opened a case in the PayPal Resolution center

Chronology:

- bought the watch on Feb 29, no confirmation email, nothing
- Mar 1 - asked to confirm, no response
- Mar 5 - asked to cancel, his quick response - why?
- Mar 6 - his clarification - BTW the watch on the picture is not what would be sent (not sure of the origin), I reconfirmed the cancelation
- Mar 13 - asking where is the refund - no response
- Mar 20 - asking again, giving 2 days
- Mar 21 - opened case with PP - explanation from him - didn't have funds available
- Mar 21 - refund issued, case closed (he kept my money for 3 weeks and obviously didn't intend to return easily)

Bottom line - if the transaction doesn't pass the smell test - open the case with PayPal immediately!

Also - my recomendation: DO NOT buy from this seller & his sites - as listed at Aviator-watch.com Russian Pilot-/Flight Watches online - Poljot, Junkers, Aristo, Moscow Classic - huge Onlineshop
Very shabby that but at least you now have your funds back finally bud.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Mecano, that's why I didn't PM/email it directly to you :) I don't think they should be encourage to steal any more money.

I am, however, looking around a bit and if i see an inexpensive Ruslan I'll let you know.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts