1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Take it to a Rolex AD and then you'll know for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
havent bought it yet...still thinking about pulling the trigger

the deal seems to be too good...so i feel like better to run it through the experts here

Sent from my SM-G9287C using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,581 Posts
I'm having a hard time seeing the lume dots at the outer end of the markers. Are they missing, or is it just a bad photo? Also, is the seller claiming that the bracelet and clasp are authentic, or is it being sold as aftermarket? I have doubts about it, and at the very least I would need to see more detailed photos of the bracelet and clasp (inside and out). I would also want to see the model number and serial number under the end links. Most of these were 34mm, but I think that there were some that were even smaller.

These are the entry level model for vintage Rolex and are readily available, so don't over-pay.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm having a hard time seeing the lume dots at the outer end of the markers. Are they missing, or is it just a bad photo? Also, is the seller claiming that the bracelet and clasp are authentic, or is it being sold as aftermarket? I have doubts about it, and at the very least I would need to see more detailed photos of the bracelet and clasp (inside and out). I would also want to see the model number and serial number under the end links. Most of these were 34mm, but I think that there were some that were even smaller.

These are the entry level model for vintage Rolex and are readily available, so don't over-pay.
the seller said the head is all original, bracelet is aftermarket

here some more pic

·
Registered
609 Posts
I just bought a 28mm mens Rolex last week and once serviced will have little problem* wearing it on a 7 1/2" wrist.

* The wife seems to have grown a little attached to this one so it may prove a slight problem.

·
Registered
242 Posts
The case and movement are legit---I'm repairing on of these on the bench today, in fact.

I'd need better dial photos to tell if it has been refinished. As mentioned earlier, it has a T SWISS T marking, but the lume is hard to see or might be missing.

Under $800 sounds like a fair price for the watch with an aftermarket band.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok...finally got the piece.....which indeed...too small for my wrist...33mm with the crown....

perhaps will give it to girlfriend as unplanned "surprise" gift.

will try to use polywatch to remove the scratches.

also found whay it seems to be the remaining of the former lume, now it is only dark greyish dots.

is it possible to have it and the hands relumed ?

·
Registered
5,530 Posts
My advice, wear it for a few days, the size will start to feel normal and comfortable and if anyone comments that it looks small just blow a huge raspberry at them, what do they know?

Here's one of my favourites

27mm across and I'm no light weight

6'3" and 24 stone

As someone once said to me "Just because you can see your wrist either side of your watch, doesn't mean your gentleman sausage will fall off"

Matt

Brought to you by HYPNOTOAD

1 - 20 of 26 Posts