·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First off, here is the watch in question:

Vintage Watch Omega Seamaster Cosmic | eBay

Pictures from the listing:
s-l1600.jpg s-l1600.jpg s-l1600.jpg

I am looking into buying a vintage Omega to wear at my wedding in June and I am looking to spend up to $300. I have never owned an Omega and know next to nothing about vintage Omega watches, but I adore the Omega brand and hope to someday own an Omega piece that I can pass down.

As you can see from the listing, the seller hasn't exactly provided a lot of detail about the watch. With that said, I did what little research I knew to do on this piece and I can't find much on it. I searched the both the name of the watch and the reference number from the case back (166.023 I believe?), but could not find this model on Omega's database (though I'm not sure whether I'm using the database efficiently). I searched the same reference number and reviewed what I could on it as well. While it appears that this number does correspond to an Omega Seamaster Cosmic model very comparable to this watch, I could not find one with this dial specifically.

Is this watch legit? Perhaps it has had a redial? Any help you guys could provide would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT:

I completely forgot to include this before submitting the post, but I am also wondering about this watch, with the same general concerns/questions as stated above.

http://www.chrono24.com/omega/seamaster-600--id5430077.htm

·
Registered
679 Posts
I wouldn't touch it without a movement photo myself. That's a front loader (the movement is accessed by lifting the crystal) so I can understand to some extent why there aren't such photos. However, the really good sellers will open the case and photograph the movement nonetheless.

I'm not well versed in the Seamaster Cosmic, so I'm not certain about the dial, but the fonts look correct AFAICT. Not sure about the minute track. The photos aren't the greatest, though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,842 Posts
Also, it's a (rather worn) plated case- I'd suggest hunting for a stainless steel one.

Reactions: cb1111

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the replies guys. I think I will hold off. I've seen a Longines that appears to be in much better shape and fits the budget. May just wait on the vintage Omega and save up for a more recent pre-owned piece.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts