WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I have very little experience with the PO and have always wanted one. I stumbled across one in my price range and was wondering what you guys think.

The clasp and case back look pretty spot on to me and there is a serial # on the 7 o'clock lug. But the 'Seamaster' script on the clasp looks kind of off for some reason. It looks pretty used and beat up and I don't see the security globe but to my knowledge, some were made prior to Omega using this security feature?

My inklings say this is real but the price is a bit too good to be true unless the watch is in pretty bad shape.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
397 Posts
No.. Its a fake. First sign is the pearl. The font on the dial is too "Bold" as well.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No.. Its a fake. First sign is the pearl. The font on the dial is too "Bold" as well.
Awesome thanks! This is why I love these forums, knowledgable and informative :-!

Some of these fakes are getting really good, I've been researching fake Seamaster bonds and have gotten pretty good at spotting those but this one looks pretty darned detailed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
the seahorse on the back case looks a bit different than mine...
also on the front face, the date window... on mine (authentic) the right frame is flush to the 3 o'clock mark. this one is a few mm away from it...

·
Registered
397 Posts
Yah. They are getting pretty good with the PO. What's scary is that with only a few EASY fixes, it'll be MUCH harder to distinguish a real from a fake. It seems like they have the hardest parts right! (case, bracelet, bezel)... Scary..

·
Registered
6,855 Posts
on mine (authentic) the right frame is flush to the 3 o'clock mark. this one is a few mm away from it...
That is the difference between a 42mm and 45.5 mm PO.

That is one of the A-grade fakes, the lume pip is the easy give away. The Crystal also doesn't look right and the pics aren't taken so that it is easy to spot the He valve location.

·
Registered
6,855 Posts
Yah. They are getting pretty good with the PO. What's scary is that with only a few EASY fixes, it'll be MUCH harder to distinguish a real from a fake. It seems like they have the hardest parts right! (case, bracelet, bezel)... Scary..
You are very right I saw at least 50 different PO fakes in China and the good ones are pretty damn good! I wonder if an OEM bezel would fit then you really would have a problem.

One fake PO I saw had a very good lume PIP.

If people are interested I have access to two fake PO's that I would be happy to share pictures.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks again everyone!

paulyjsob - could you let me know what you mean by the pearl in your original post?

GTSCODE - is the lume PIP on the fake I posted too small and not in the same position?

·
Registered
454 Posts
This is very well disguised... kinda scary.
The pictures have obscured the 10 o clock marker and the bezel is not aligned so that the He valve is unable to be gauged, but the font and lume pip are wrong.
They're getting awfully good with POs......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts