WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on the local version of ebay (called TradeMe here in NZ) is this Citizen....

no model number given until i ask and am told QA4470-51ER but either my google-fu is weak or.....

thoughts?

·
Registered
238 Posts
I find the question of fake watches very interesting too many people worry... Here is the deal

I live in Asia and I see fake watches changing hands each and every day, 99 % of those are not so good and not so convincing and fool no one in the know , fake Rolex/Breitling/Tag copies are everywhere . The remaing fakes sole are the much better, and the more expensive so called "replicas" which by all accounts are getting very very good BUT....

All companies/people making fakes do so on the basis of status, and as such the product sells to those that cant afford the original or want to look as if they can in either case I have never seen a fake Citizen/Seiko or any of the average brands sold as fake , in fact they do sell branded Citizen and Seiko watches that are not original but absolutely no one would be fooled by them and and none follow the quality or looks of an original and are just 10 Dollar peices of junk with the word printed ( or even a sticker ) on the dial. These watches just dont make the grade and only sell to Asians that want to tell the time for no money.

The watch above is neither fake or copied and I suspect it unlikely that it ever has been. Nice as it is in itself the sell price new is less than the fakers would want to sell a fake for, so why would they make it when making a fake Rolex would get more money and sell much better anyway .

Sleep well ..NOT FAKE

·
Banned
5,850 Posts
A search on QA4470 yielded many hits for the same watch to what looks like central/eastern European countries. Probably just a regional model.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts