WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
So, I was browsing eBay, looking for some discontinued Seiko movements that I'm interested in (6M26 & 7T42). I stumbled across a store that is selling SALESMAN SAMPLES -- watches with everything but the movement. They typically go for about $10; some, a little more.

I was pleasantly surprised to see an old 1990 christmas present of mine listed -- a 7T32-7A09:

I was even more shocked to see that the current bid is at $76.50! Why so much more than the others? Is this watch more rare or sought after than other 7T32s?

Just curious.

·
Banned
5,606 Posts
So, I was browsing eBay, looking for some discontinued Seiko movements that I'm interested in (6M26 & 7T42). I stumbled across a store that is selling SALESMAN SAMPLES -- watches with everything but the movement. They typically go for about $10; some, a little more.

I was pleasantly surprised to see an old 1990 christmas present of mine listed -- a 7T32-7A09:

I was even more shocked to see that the current bid is at $76.50! Why so much more than the others? Is this watch more rare or sought after than other 7T32s?

Just curious.
Doubtful unless it was a limited edition of some sort. Seiko made a ton of 7T32 watches in varied flavors from 1988 until 2001 so you can rest assured, that while good solid watches, they are nothing overly special. Yes I owned one.;-)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doubtful unless it was a limited edition of some sort. Seiko made a ton of 7T32 watches in varied flavors from 1988 until 2001 so you can rest assured, that while good solid watches, they are nothing overly special. Yes I owned one.;-)
Yeah, Seiko made 7T32s like McDonalds makes burgers. Yet, I'm curious why this watch with no movement is fetching such a price. I just checked the auction again -- it's now $122.50!!! Any ideas why?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Yeah, Seiko made 7T32s like McDonalds makes burgers. Yet, I'm curious why this watch with no movement is fetching such a price. I just checked the auction again -- it's now $122.50!!! Any ideas why?
It ended at $138.50.

Why? :think:

1. Someone is trying to refurbish his first watch, and REALLY needs case parts. ;-)

2. A bidder entered a horribly high bid to ensure a win, never believing that someone else would take the bid as a challenge or indication of value. :oops:

3. Shill bidding. :rodekaart

4. Auction frenzy. :-(

5. Two illiterate bidders who didn't/couldn't read the description. :-s

6. Really, really stupid bidders. o|

7. The bids were fake. :roll: or

8. An item is worth what a willing buyer will pay and a willing seller will accept. At that time, and in that place, an empty 7T32-7A09 case, with glued in pushers was worth $138.50. :-d

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.