WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the correct place to ask... but I've been browsing this site for a few weeks now as I am still seeking for a watch that truly speaks to me at a price range that I can afford at...

This is my current quartz watch at 43mm :roll:
2013-10-27014529_zps65378fd0.jpg

Do you think it's too big or it is just nice for my wrist?

·
Moderator Public Forum
22,040 Posts
The question I have is how does it feel on your wrist. And what is your reaction the moment you look down at the watch. If both are positive then keep it and enjoy. Don't bother with whether others like the way it looks. They are not wearing it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
It will sound odd to a new enthusiast, but consider that not all 43mm watches are equal. The balance of the features will change the overall look and feel. The two watches I wear are both 43 and don't look identical in wrist scale.

*I do think lug overhang is a good starting indicator though.

AS FOR WHAT YOU ACTUALLY ASKED THOUGH, I think the pictured watch fits you, but is the limit.

Just an eyeballed opinion.

·
Registered
14,860 Posts
Lug overhang means it's just a touch too big imo.
+1 on that. That's the easiest way to tell if a watch doesn't look quite right on one's wrist.

·
Registered
29,096 Posts
Yes, you have to make the final call. From a visual perspective, it does appear to look a bit oversized on your wrist, but ultimately, it is how it wears, feels, and looks to you.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I think you're pushing the lug to lug, but it may be the photo perspective. I'd consider it too big for me if that's how it looks irl.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, you have to make the final call. From a visual perspective, it does appear to look a bit oversized on your wrist, but ultimately, it is how it wears, feels, and looks to you.
After everyone was talking about the lugs, I went to try it on, for the first time I actually feels that the watch was indeed to big!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I think if you are going to wear a slightly too large watch, wear it a bit floppy. Then it looks cool (to me)

·
Registered
144 Posts
The watch looks nice on your wrist. I have 6.5" wrist and I found that 41-42 mm watches are perfect for my wrist.

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
652 Posts
It is definitely too big.

There is no way a 6.5 wrist can wear a watch over 40mm, period, doesn't matter how "it wears". And that's pushing it.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I think if you are going to wear a slightly too large watch, wear it a bit floppy. Then it looks cool (to me)
That'd be the worst of both worlds in my opinion. Oversized watches look bad. Loosely worn watches look bad. Combine them for the worst possible effect.

But, to the OP, as always, it's your money and your wrist so do as you will, but if you're looking for honest advice, that watch you posted is too big for you.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
+1 on the overhanging lugs meaning it's too big. I think something closer to 40mm would be better for you, but you must also keep in mind the lug-to-lug length.

·
Registered
153 Posts
It's wayyyyy too big, 39mm is the maximum size for any men's watch IMO, and dress watches should be around 33mm. Some time ago the largest watch you could find were 40mm, and people haven't really gotten 'manlier' so something must be wrong. Oversized watches (>40mm) look terrible on anyone, unless you've got a 9' wrist, which most don't.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
It has been said. Too big, imo.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts