WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, new here and new to watches really. Thinking about buying a Tag Heuer for my first. Can someone tell me if CAZ1110.BA0877 and CAZ1010.BA0842 are the same watch? They look like it but I'm just wondering why they have different model numbers and what this represents? Sorry I can't post links, one is from Beaver Brooks and the other is from Goldsmiths. Thanks!

·
Registered
954 Posts
Hi everyone, new here and new to watches really. Thinking about buying a Tag Heuer for my first. Can someone tell me if CAZ1110.BA0877 and CAZ1010.BA0842 are the same watch? They look like it but I'm just wondering why they have different model numbers and what this represents? Sorry I can't post links, one is from Beaver Brooks and the other is from Goldsmiths. Thanks!
I've got the CAZ1110 and I use it as my everyday watch. It's 42 mm in diameter, and has the "old" TAG logo, which I personally prefer. The CAZ1010 is the same, but upgraded to 43 mm diameter, and has the new TAG logo. Refer to the following.

OLD Model:
C=chronograph
AZ=new F1
1=quartz
1=man size
1=stainless steel
0=dial colour

NEW MODEL
C=chronograph
AZ=new F1
1=quartz
0=large man size
1=stainless steel
0=dial colour

Hope that helps!

Reactions: jarvmi

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks thats very helpful! So what is the last part of the model num? (BA****)?

Also I'm struggling to see any difference at all in the logo when comparing both watches?

Lastly, is 42mm vs 43mm even a noticeable difference?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
Of course you know that unless you post a picture of your Tag I don't really believe you have one..........................

Mine is old but still visible in this group shot.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Of course you know that unless you post a picture of your Tag I don't really believe you have one..........................
Was this to me?

Also, I see the difference in the tag logo now when comparing caz10/caz11 on google. It would appear both sites I originally mentioned are using the exact same picture despite being the slightly different models.

·
Registered
954 Posts

Also I'm struggling to see any difference at all in the logo when comparing both watches?

Thanks again.
The second series of digits (BAXXXX) refers to the bracelet. The numbers are different, because the bracelets are slightly different sizes to fit the watch properly (considering one is 1 mm larger than the other). Is 1 mm a noticeable difference? Now that's a good question!

·
Registered
954 Posts
Well, there's the photo of my F1 in my "avatar". LOL I'm hoping to post a shot of my F1, next to me releasing a bullet chrome coho or steelhead... :)

·
Registered
92 Posts

Thanks again.
I think 1mm is a substantial difference. Depends ultimately, to me, on the design of the watch. If two watches are 43 but one has larger bezel, it will look smaller. If both watches are identical, I can easily notice a difference.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got the CAZ1110 and I use it as my everyday watch. It's 42 mm in diameter, and has the "old" TAG logo, which I personally prefer. The CAZ1010 is the same, but upgraded to 43 mm diameter, and has the new TAG logo. Refer to the following.

OLD Model:
C=chronograph
AZ=new F1
1=quartz
1=man size
1=stainless steel
0=dial colour

NEW MODEL
C=chronograph
AZ=new F1
1=quartz
0=large man size
1=stainless steel
0=dial colour

Hope that helps!
It’s actually 41mm per tags website

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
you've been on this site for 4 years lol and you chose a 5 year old comment to respond to and then disappear? Kinda weird.
Stop complaining (also kinda weird) and realize that the site puts below every thread "Recommended Reading" threads of which some are ridiculously old. So don't blame the new member for something beyond their control.

You want proof? Here's THIS page with my reply being typed and notice the three suggested threads from 2009, 2010 and 2011. If you have a complaint, there's a forum for that. Give the other members a break maybe?

·
Registered
784 Posts
yeah lol
Stop complaining (also kinda weird) and realize that the site puts below every thread "Recommended Reading" threads of which some are ridiculously old. So don't blame the new member for something beyond their control.

You want proof? Here's THIS page with my reply being typed and notice the three suggested threads from 2009, 2010 and 2011. If you have a complaint, there's a forum for that. Give the other members a break maybe?
lol and not once have I clicked on those thinking they were up to date. And in case you missed my comment, he is NOT A NEW MEMBER. Which was why I said it was a little weird. Unlike me calling him out for reviving a dead thread, which is literally what happens to everyone that revives a dead thread. Go complain about complaining somewhere else.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I agree with @jamesbiz on this one. It is a bit strange to be a member on here for 4 years, then make a single comment on a post that is 5 years old (@ZoeysDad appears to have joined this forum in 2017) then disappear for 20 days. But hey, it's no big deal. LOL.

I did find it intriguing though! The TAG website does now list the CAZ1110 as 41 mm. However, I believe this to be in error as it used to say 42 mm. I would know - I own the watch and measured it myself with calipers - it's 42 mm. It's counterpart - the WAZ1110 (non-chronograph) is 41 mm. I remember trying both watches on at a TAG Heuer AD and I purchased the chronograph...

·
Registered
954 Posts

Mine is old but still visible in this group shot.
...and 5 years later I'll reply to @Ard LOL...

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I agree with @jamesbiz on this one. It is a bit strange to be a member on here for 4 years, then make a single comment on a post that is 5 years old (@ZoeysDad appears to have joined this forum in 2017) then disappear for 20 days. But hey, it's no big deal. LOL.
It's not the fact a zombie thread has been revived as I can't stand that either but it's the stupid incessant complaining by others who have nothing better to do than add their two cents in to only complain which in my opinion makes this forum a chore to be a member of. Who cares if it's a zombie thread? Don't read it. Ignore it. Move on.

So not only do we have to read through a bunch of deja vu threads but we ALSO have to slog through jamesbiz's constant complaining about it. DOUBLE garbage. So if he's gonna call out posters for reviving zombie threads, I'm gonna call him out for not just moving on. I don't want to read his complaints. They are borderline hostile and passive aggressive. Not appreciated here.

And for the record, it's not up to any members to decide how another member should read and/or respond to any thread whatsoever. Does not matter one iota if someone joined 4 years ago and never posted. Perhaps they're here every day reading and have nothing to add. That's their choice not yours. And, in this case, the poster who revived the thread actually ADDED information to the thread by providing the correct case diameter. There is NO requirement that they continue to post. After saying "it's 41mm per TAG's website" what is he supposed to do? Post again and again and again saying "Oh, it's also stainLESS steel, not stainPROOF" or some other tid bit? NO, he added important info to the thread and that's all he needed to do. "Disappearing" was the appropriate thing to do until someone else added to the conversation. Instead he gets a jab. Way to treat another relatively new member who's only posted once.

So ZoeysDad's post is not strange at all. Seems like it simply added to the conversation which is what I'm here for, not the complaints.

·
Registered
954 Posts
It's not the fact a zombie thread has been revived as I can't stand that either but it's the stupid incessant complaining by others who have nothing better to do than add their two cents in to only complain which in my opinion makes this forum a chore to be a member of. Who cares if it's a zombie thread? Don't read it. Ignore it. Move on.

So not only do we have to read through a bunch of deja vu threads but we ALSO have to slog through jamesbiz's constant complaining about it. DOUBLE garbage. So if he's gonna call out posters for reviving zombie threads, I'm gonna call him out for not just moving on. I don't want to read his complaints. They are borderline hostile and passive aggressive. Not appreciated here.

And for the record, it's not up to any members to decide how another member should read and/or respond to any thread whatsoever. Does not matter one iota if someone joined 4 years ago and never posted. Perhaps they're here every day reading and have nothing to add. That's their choice not yours. And, in this case, the poster who revived the thread actually ADDED information to the thread by providing the correct case diameter. There is NO requirement that they continue to post. After saying "it's 41mm per TAG's website" what is he supposed to do? Post again and again and again saying "Oh, it's also stainLESS steel, not stainPROOF" or some other tid bit? NO, he added important info to the thread and that's all he needed to do. "Disappearing" was the appropriate thing to do until someone else added to the conversation. Instead he gets a jab. Way to treat another relatively new member who's only posted once.

So ZoeysDad's post is not strange at all. Seems like it simply added to the conversation which is what I'm here for, not the complaints.
Please excuse me @kevinkar I meant no offense to my post. It's just my opinion that I agreed with @jamesbiz on the resurrection of this thread. I believe I also said it was no big deal and I found the information to be intriguing and that I believe the TAG website to be in error (I think it changed recently). I actually own this watch and I researched it thoroughly before buying. The TAG website listed this model as 42 mm back in 2015, as does this Calibre 11 article:

Quoted from this article:
Last but not least we have one sole quartz chronograph offered in a 42mm steel case. Nothing illustrates the move from quartz to mechanical better than the fact that there is only one quartz chronograph offered. Again the design is close to the current quartz models, gaining a different pusher design to the Calibre 16 models. While the fixed bezel looks similar, this time it hosts a tachymetre scale.

I also measured the case diameter at 42 mm using my calipers. To contrast, my Omega SMP measures 41 mm by my calipers, which matches the specs for this watch. So I believe my calipers to be accurate.

My point is @ZoeysDad added accurate information as far as quoting a one liner from TAG's current website, but I do not believe this is actually the correct case diameter. The only reason I would know this is because I own the watch and researched it before purchasing it, plus I measured it myself. But hey, as I said above - it's no big deal.

Edit - also check out page 95 of the 2015/2016 TAG Heuer Catalogue that states the CAZ1110 as being 42 mm.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Guess what watch that is

Been wearing that almost every day for nearly 4 years now.
Aquaracer model WAY211A???

1 - 20 of 25 Posts