WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what Timex experts have to say about this Timex. Is it vintage? I can't quite make out the serial number/year. The case looks chrome to me. Wondering if it's a jeweled movement or pin lever, though I know a movement photo would clear that up. I don't have access to it. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
440 Posts
Squinting at the picture it looks like the last 2 digits are 76 for 1976. Timex watches that are jeweled are usually stated on the dial. Yours is most likely a pin pallet type. These guys last forever and keep good time. A real pain to change the day/date. Quick set was not in the Timex vocabulary.

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Vintage? Yes.

Chrome plated brass? Yes.

Jeweled? No. That one, since it is an automatic will have Timex's M32, which is the M24 with a pretty sophisticated auto winding system added. A real workhorse, and robust to boot.

The date could be "semi-quickset" on a lot of Timex watches. Rotating back and forth from 9:00pm-2:00am achieved this.

Reactions: busmatt

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, guys. I decided not to buy it. Someone else was interested, and it's not a must-have for me, so I let him grab it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts