WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still fascinated by the brand, however, cannot decide whether to buy one. It looks too big on my wrist, in spite of the fact that I’m 17.5 mm. What do you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Yes it is. As the saying on here goes.."if you have to ask then it's too big"

Reactions: Dan T.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
It certainly looks big to me. But if you like it get it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
If you like it buy it, don't let anyone here decide for you.

Reactions: 5959HH

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Don't listen to what others say.

But if you do, yeah, way too big. BUT... that's Panerai. Most people know this going in.

Reactions: 5959HH

·
Registered
20,793 Posts
Yes a little big, but so what? You decide what you wear and how you appear to others.

·
Registered
224 Posts
It looks big with this kind of pics.
At 17.5 you should be good.
Panerai are not meant to be small on your wrist !
If you like it, get it.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: carlhaluss

·
Registered
41 Posts
Think that way! Let people decide for you if they are willing to pay / offer this watch ;)) I can imagine asking this to my wife... I already know her answer ;)) The watch should fit your personality therefore if you care about other’s opinion, the watch will stay in its box unless you go to a Panerai GTG... Maybe start with a 42mm?

·
Banned
1,424 Posts
Historically it is 100% correct, the Italian navy issued them in one size to their divers. Panerais and German style air navigator watches are the two types where large is always correct.
When you are going diving without a computer or navigating a Heinkel dead reckoning then fair enough but Imho it’s way too big. The lug to lug is wider than your wrist!

·
Premium Member
9,489 Posts
Historically it is 100% correct, the Italian navy issued them in one size to their divers. Panerais and German style air navigator watches are the two types where large is always correct.
Exactly. It is a big watch. It is going to look big on almost any wrist. My wrist is 7.25in, or about 18.4cm. I get the odd comment that it is a big watch, not criticism just observation. Once you learn more about the watch, the size does make sense. If you don’t like big watches, then this is not the one for you.

My personal opinion is that it looks good on your wrist.

Cheers,
Carl

·
Registered
171 Posts
I agree with the comments a Panerai should be big. I would not get a watch that looked odd on my wrist but if you feel comfortable wearing it, go for it

·
Registered
35,978 Posts
If that is the 44mil Luminor case, have a go at a 40mil, or 42,they may be a better size for you.

·
Premium Member
✠7900V | ♕116500
2,305 Posts
It does look big on your wrist. Most people would say Panerai’s are meant to be big... which is completely fine. However, it is you who is going to wear the watch and not the other way around. Also, a watch is meant to be reflective of your personality. No matter what brand it is, it should blend in with your wrist and attire. I wear a 40mm Panerai (pam168) and I absolutely love it.

I have had people tell me that a 40mm is not a true Panerai. I was like.. dude.. I buy whatever I like. I’m not going to buy whatever others like or spend money because of some random person “opinion”.

I bought a Panerai because of its unique style. Try out 40 and 42 and then make a decision.

·
Premium Member
17,371 Posts
I think as a rule of thumb the lugs should not fall beyond the confines of one's wrist. I have a rather flat 6.75" wrist and have found a 44mm Luminor barely fits within the confines of my wrist. However the best fit for me, as well as my preference, is a 42mm Radiomir 1940 although a 44mm Radiomir also works. It all depends on one's preference and little more.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts