WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,776 Posts
The movement and case seem genuine to me. But first of all it is a truly horrible redial.

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
In this case-the dial puts me of completely. That said I can't tell if it is a franken in any other ways.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
The movement and case seem genuine to me. But first of all it is a truly horrible redial.
Fully agree. The seller even dare to ask for $2300? I think seller shall just sell the movement and casing as spares. The dial can be dump away.

·
Registered
7,776 Posts
As spares- not necessarily. Replating the hands and finding a genuine dial in a good condition (bloody hard to find) should do the trick. The price did make me laugh for a while- this watch is worth no more than the value of gold in it...

·
Registered
7,776 Posts
A redial it is. About the case, I wouldn't dismiss it straight away. On the outside, where in the pictures you can see the sides of the case and part of caseback, the shade of gold is the same. The inside of the caseback might seem different due to the finish combined with lighting and the angle. On the outside, the surface under the lugs seems to be brushed rather than mirror-polished like the caseback.
I would simply call it a redial at an outrageous price.

Reactions: SW2201

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
You've established that it's not a good one, but really, to pile in… it's a solid gold case with a cheap unsigned GP crown. A truly dreadful redial. Hands that don't match and anyway look like the cheapest steel punched rubbish. Truly, truly awful. I'm shocked. I'm guessing – being nice about it – that they guy found himself with a turkey on his hands and is trying to pass it off on some newbie. But I suggest that WUS is the wrong place to try; of course, on eBay , he'd be lucky to get a quarter of the asking price. I just can't believe it. Ghosts? A stake through the heart would be the thing you need.

·
Registered
13,428 Posts
You've established that it's not a good one, but really, to pile in… it's a solid gold case with a cheap unsigned GP crown. A truly dreadful redial. Hands that don't match and anyway look like the cheapest steel punched rubbish. Truly, truly awful. I'm shocked. I'm guessing – being nice about it – that they guy found himself with a turkey on his hands and is trying to pass it off on some newbie. But I suggest that WUS is the wrong place to try; of course, on eBay , he'd be lucky to get a quarter of the asking price. I just can't believe it. Ghosts? A stake through the heart would be the thing you need.
And that basically sums up the first link
I did not look at the second
a
EDIT
I just looked - its WORSE!!

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
The "Zenith" logo is horrible
Surely the applied Zenith logo is original ?

Edit: I got confused by the OP posting this in the 'ridiculous redials' thread:

1.jpg

Here the applied logo is original. The watch that started this thread had a painted logo that is not original:

20150605_182848_resized.jpg

·
Registered
7,776 Posts
The applied logo is original, but if you have a look how paint covers the sides of the applied markers and the Zentih logo, and how badly the subdials are re-done, there can only be one conclusion: a redial. And given the quality of subdials a ridiculous one too!

Reactions: SW2201
1 - 20 of 20 Posts