WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,500 Posts
I think it would cost more than the Vostok to copy a Vostok. Generally it goes the other way.

But it sounds like you are new to the forums and they frown upon your title topic. Meaning, there are rules against it.

Reactions: slcbbrown

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
You might ck with the Russian forum, but it looks like a dial I've seen. The hands look special, and I'm surprised it doesn't glow. Often those hands have better lume than the typical version.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
It's real. There are few manufacturers for these and they do many many variations on the dial and hands. (meranom alone does tons of editions)
If you want to be sure - try the crown - Vostok Amphibian has a unique design when you pull crown out - it will wobble up and down (by design, to protect stem and keyless works)

PS. There are unfortunately fakes of everything, including Invicta , Casio, Timex and many $20 watches. So price of original alone is not an indicator. Here I see no reason to suspect a fake. The caseback and everything else looks correct.

PPS. Lume on Vostok is not the best. Indeed it's mediocre. Try using UV torch on it for few minutes and see how it glows then. Won't be best, but should still glow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts