WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi mates, this is my first post here in this forum!
I have recently bought a Vostok Komandirskie Parachute/Airborne/Paratrooper for about 40$ here in Iran.
After I could not find or maybe I could not see the exact same watch on the internet I started to doubt about its originality.
Here are some pictures of the watch, your tips and comments on this case would be appreciated, Thanks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
The dial says komandirskie but the case is an amphibia....I think its real, also, 40 dollars for an amphibia is a good deal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
The dial says komandirskie but the case is an amphibia....I think its real, also, 40 dollars for an amphibia is a good deal.
I have seen so many Komandirskie with Amphibian caseback on the internet!
Look at this one, exact same shape of my watch but with different dial color. The issue is that I have not seen this model with brown/copper dial on the internet

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
There were amphibias made with komandirskie dials from the factory, and some new models still do that. That does not necessarily mean it's a fake in this case.

·
Registered
10,409 Posts
I really doubt anyone is going to go to the trouble of faking that watch--it would cost more than buying it new--what is common for watches such as these is the switching of dials, and the one-off personal dial modifications/paintjobs--I am guessing something along these lines--at $40, though, does it really matter? I assume you bought because you like the way it looks, why not just enjoy it?

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
As others said you paid $40 bucks, I wouldn't worry yourself over it. It could be all original, it could be an amalam of parts, does it matter? No one on WUS is going to give you grief for owning it and no one in the real world will care for sure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I really doubt anyone is going to go to the trouble of faking that watch--it would cost more than buying it new--what is common for watches such as these is the switching of dials, and the one-off personal dial modifications/paintjobs--I am guessing something along these lines--at $40, though, does it really matter? I assume you bought because you like the way it looks, why not just enjoy it?
Unfortunately chinese fakers do not miss any opportunity, I have seen some fake Vostok on the internet. I hope mine is not one of them!
40$ is nothing for a watch, but with recent devaluation of the national currency in Iran I am earning 100-120$ a month! (Although it is more than enough for a teenager)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As others said you paid $40 bucks, I wouldn't worry yourself over it. It could be all original, it could be an amalam of parts, does it matter? No one on WUS is going to give you grief for owning it and no one in the real world will care for sure.
It does not really matter. I just do not want to have a fake watch in my collection

·
Registered
545 Posts
Case, bracelet, caseback and hands are all vostok amphibia. Dial is vostok komandirskie.
Must be a frankenwatch made of vostok parts.

·
Registered
35 Posts
There were amphibias made with komandirskie dials from the factory, and some new models still do that. That does not necessarily mean it's a fake in this case.
Yes, I've heard about that, that's why I said that I think it's real

1 - 17 of 17 Posts