WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Philip Watch quartz rectangular chronograph. I'm interested, but not if it's an homage. Does this remind you of something else, anything else, and if so, could you name the watch? I won't even ask you to provide me a link. I'll do the legwork. Thanks so very much!

Watch Analog watch Light Clock Watch accessory

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Checked those two out, and I'm satisfied that this watch isn't an homage of either. Looks different enough for me. This is exactly the info I'm looking for. Keep 'em coming!

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Franck Muller as catsteeth mentioned.
Vacheron Malta.
Think Patek has done a few over the years too.

Google "tourneau case" or "barrel case".
I took a look at the Vacheron, and there are definitely differences. Thanks!
I Googled and haven't seen anything yet that truns me away from the watch.

Pretty sure I've seen similar watches from a few places. Not sure it's specifically an homage to something iconic.
Thanks. The "similar" doesn't bother me at all if there are no specific homages, or even if there are several. As long as it's not close to a 1 for 1 homage of something more expensive. I'm looking for nuances that set it apart.

EDIT: (lol @ setting apart a $200 watch). What I mean is, I don't want to pay money for something if my growth as a watch enthusiast leads me to discover later that it's an homage. I don't know all the brands and styles out there, so I'm asking.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Stealing some design cues from the VC Royal Eagle, but also several other watches as already mentioned. That's not what would keep me away from it. The poor fit/finish and general quality is what would ruin it for me.
I don't know anything about the watch. Tell me more.

·
Registered
984 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mods, is there any way I can edit the title to include questions about the fit, finish and quality?

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Stealing some design cues from the VC Royal Eagle, but also several other watches as already mentioned. That's not what would keep me away from it. The poor fit/finish and general quality is what would ruin it for me.
Still trying to get some info from you. I don't think it'll sell anytime soon, but tell me what you know!

·
Premium Member
8,527 Posts
@Fahoo Forays I haven’t handled the watch but it looks like something that may disappoint in hand due to lackluster build quality and finishing. Just something to think about if you’ve only seen it in pics.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Philip Watch quartz rectangular chronograph. I'm interested, but not if it's an homage. Does this remind you of something else, anything else, and if so, could you name the watch? I won't even ask you to provide me a link. I'll do the legwork. Thanks so very much!

View attachment 16624069
Honestly a lot of watches kinda look like that. I don't think it's an homage of any specific reference, more something in that style.

Watch Analog watch White Vertebrate Silver

1 - 20 of 46 Posts