WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15,736 Posts
iv had harmut say its fake...border reiver says its fake...and the other person
I don't understand why you would need to start a new thread and ask again if the question has already been answered in your other thread?

Time for this thread be locked...

^^ tells the truth on Internet forums
So many watches, So little time...

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't understand why you would need to start a new thread and ask again if the question has already been answered in your other thread?

questions not been asked actually...get your facts right.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

questions not been asked actually...get your facts right.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would like to see ranffts, border reiver & harmuts reasons for saying my Roamer is a "China" fake

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
obviously all 3 of them either mistook it for a mercury 2 or they never seen the white dial version.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
While we are checking facts...
I didn’t say the question has been ASKED, I said the question has already been ANSWERED.

I take it you didn’t like the answer?

So tell me how its "fake"

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Some points might be:-
- quality of stamp and font size differences around the back
- finish quality of the movement
- printed rotor instead of stamped
- wrong movement and finish

I could be wrong, but those jump out at me.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
- wrong movement

Edit: I have a pile of Rado watches that I was sure were real, not real, can't ever sell them. Oh well, I learned from it.

·
Premium Member
7,589 Posts
iv had harmut say its fake...border reiver says its fake...and the other person
If you take the time to look at tens of thousands of watches and study them for years, like hartmut and border-reiver, then it will be as obvious to you as it is to the rest of us. Until then, perhaps you can show some gratitude and humility towards experts who generously provide you with valuable information.

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,196 Posts
First thing to clear up: this is not a vintage watch. I would guess it to be about 5 to 10 years old.

Roamer in recent times have used movements from Swiss movement finisher Technosablier, who source many of their ebauches from China. In this instance the base movement is a Sea-Gull ST16. But I have no doubt that this watch complies completely with the definition of 'Swiss Made' at its time of manufacture.

So for what it is worth, my opinion is that this is not a fake.

·
Registered
15,736 Posts
I'm commenting on your attitude not the validity or otherwise of the watch.

If you wanted to question the validity of the feedback you have been provided thus far, the most appropriate, (and polite), thing to do would have been to do so in the same thread rather than attempt to discredit some well respected members in a new thread.

I'm done here.

^^ tells the truth on Internet forums

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm commenting on your attitude not the validity or otherwise of the watch.

If you wanted to question the validity of the feedback you have been provided thus far, the most appropriate, (and polite), thing to do would have been to do so in the same thread rather than attempt to discredit some well respected members in a new thread.

I'm done here.

I was not discrediting any long time watch enthusiasts and experts....they would not tell me why they called it a china fake.

·
Vint. Forum Co-Moderator
3,823 Posts
I would have to agree that this a modern watch not vintage. As to its authenticity I can’t comment as I have no expertise in modern watches. I’m wearing a modern Roamer as we speak and nothing about it matches vintage expectations.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
- wrong movement

Edit: I have a pile of Rado watches that I was sure were real, not real, can't ever sell them. Oh well, I learned from it.
it looks the same quality as all the others iv seen....except the 639 version used a different movement to the other 4 variants of mercury...and it is stamped on the movement not printed, must be my fake camera quality.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I would have to agree that this a modern watch not vintage. As to its authenticity I can’t comment as I have no expertise in modern watches. I’m wearing a modern Roamer as we speak and nothing about it matches vintage expectations.
I know its not vintage, I put it in vintage because of roamer being known for vintage..I think this watch is about 2011? or near

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I know its not vintage, I put it in vintage because of roamer being known for vintage..I think this watch is about 2011? or near

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.