WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have compared pictures of it to pictures one that I know is genuine and I can't find any irregularities. The only thing that is a bit alarming is that the serial number seems to have been worn off. I would be very grateful for your help. I found it online and I'm considering placing a bid on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I could be mistaken but they seem to laser engrave serial numbers a lot and those markings are not as deep as the rest of the other markings so they do tend to soften up over time. I can still see it there on the left side of the back picture which is the right location for the serial number to be. It looks good but not enough pictures or details to really be able to tell. Keep in mind a lot of fakes are so good, some experts have trouble telling so in person and it's not easy to tell one way or the other from only a couple auction pictures. Seems to have the right bracelet though as compared to others on the internet.

Ask the seller for more pictures that are higher resolution, closer and make sure they are in focus.

This is probably a $400-ish watch so I wouldn't spend more than that on one.

·
Premium Member
1,470 Posts
Do you have a link to the listing? Reputable seller? Reputable platform? What price? Will they show you a picture with the case back off?

·
Registered
16,955 Posts
Nothing screams obvious fake, but it does look like it’s has some work including polishing and possibly a replacement dial, hands and bezel. Considering the wear on the back of the watch, it could indicate it’s had a hard life and I would want to make sure the work done isn’t only cosmetic and that the movement has also been serviced/checked…

SoOoO many watches SoOoO little time...

·
Registered
35,702 Posts
Buy the seller….there are thousands of Tag fakes out there, and buying private you have no comebacks.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Buy the seller….there are thousands of Tag fakes out there, and buying private you have no comebacks.
The thousands of fakes, are usually the newer watches. I can't recall the last time I've seen a fake of this model being sold, let alone one that looks as authentic as this one. They are really good at it now. They weren't very good at it before.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts