WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Those are very rare and it's about world cup 1994.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
you won't see them often on ebay and that design is just like in a way as ww-5300 but cut back cause it's got either 691 or 901 module.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Rare watch, but don't think it's worth 14 bills, sorry. Can't remember ever seeing one go past 1000. Usually they're in the 350-700 range.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
That's an ripoff i think.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
How much did that watch cost to manufacture? And they want to sell it for $1,400. I'm gonna have to say ripoff too. It's not worth more just because it has "World Cup USA 94" painted on it. To me, third party advertising devalues it.

Wait until resin rot occurs. That module probably won't last 50+ years like a mechanical will. At least expensive Rolexes don't plummet in value and you can find someone willing to pay more for it. They also don't crumble from age.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
The watch is only worth that if someone is willing to pay for it. Obviously, most of us think it's too high. But, if that was the last piece one needed for an all-Fifa collection, then it might be worth it.

@cdude: I don't think there is a reason the module wouldn't last 50 years. In fact, if the batteries are changed regularly, I'd bet a module could outlast a mechanical (assuming you service neither or both regularly) due to no moving parts. The resin is a whole different story though :-(. The problem with expensive Rolexes for me is that they're expensive ;-). It's hard for me to buy into them then get other models, versus buying more affordable Casios.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
In my opinion no G-Shock is worth over £200. Again though it's relative on personal wealth and desire.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
How about this one? As an icerc gshock collector I feel the price is almost exploitive. Off course, I wish you the best of luck in finding a buyer, although I hope the market isnt that bad yet.

https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?p=1033315#poststop

<|
You do realize that you just referenced the sales ad of the author of this thread, right? :think:

Frankly, as an 'ICERC Collector', you should realize the rarity of this particular Frogman. I don't find it exploitive at all.

·
Registered
324 Posts
You do realize that you just referenced the sales ad of the author of this thread, right? :think:

Frankly, as an 'ICERC Collector', you should realize the rarity of this particular Frogman. I don't find it exploitive at all.
Off course I realize that I referenced the author's sales ad, I wished him the best of luck in his endeavor. In the meantime you seem to be questioning my collector status. If the list in your sig is accurate, I not only have more ICERC Gshock's than you, but theyre also a far larger percentage of my entire watch collection and theyre also the only digital watches I own period.

So I do believe I am qualified to comment on the price of an ICERC Gshock, especially since the seller started a thread on the subject.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Not worth it.

Considering how bad Baggio messed up that penalty shot, I'd rather forget that particular world cup.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts