WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,new watchuseek member here,

Recently I`ve been searching online for a nice watch.I discovered Seiko 5 line of watches (I am young, I didn`t know these existed).There is one model I particularly like.
It is Seiko 5 SNKL 43 Automatic watch.I`ve found one on ebay from a seller that has 99,3% rating and he has been on ebay since 2004.(I apparently can`t provide links since I am new member).I have read the reviews on ebay and they are all positive. but I still want to get second opinion.I `ve also sent a request to seller to send me more pictures of the watch.I know that it is a grey market watch and that I won`t get original Seiko warranty but if someone can say if this is fake or original and confirm the reliability of the seller Goldfish_ 888 I would appreciate it.

The reason I am ordering from ebay is that I live in a country where amazon doesn`t ship(or shiping is too expensive)and I don`t want to mess with those services that redirect the order from amazon to your location because it is complicated and many things can go wrong.And also I have searched all the stores in my area and I haven`t found anything.

I can`t post links so you can try to find the seller by typing ebay. com/ usr / goldfish_888 / - type everything together

Also a sidenote,I have been thinking to purchase a leather strap to go with this watch so if you have any recommendations feel free to write them.If you have suggestins for a good nato or perlon strap that would go well with this watch feel free to write those down too.

Thank you ,

·
Registered
7,134 Posts

• Ebay does not allow selling counterfeit items.
  • A seller can't be there since 2004 with 99.3% positive feedbacks selling fake goods
  • There is no evidence of fake SNK watches from anywhere

But still that not enough and the OP needs vouching from other members. If one is so nervous about buying online maybe better not to buy at all.

BTW remember when shipping internationally the buyer has to pay customs and courier fees which can be higher than expected.

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,122 Posts
Please stop discussing tax evasion, paypal gift etc. Doing that you are violating our rules & guidelines. Related posts have been deleted regardless whatnthe other content was. Sorry for that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts