WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
Hi there,

...Wondering if it's a legit West End.
Legit Westend likely yes, WWII definitely not. This bridge layout of FHF movements is typical for the late 70s and 80s. The WWII attribute is just added to boost the price.

But consider, if nonsense is repeated often enough, Google will lift it to historical truth. So it might be possible to sell this watch some years later as officially certified WWII watch with remarkable profit.

Regards, Roland Ranfft

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
From that miniscule first picture it seems to be a sowan/sowar (idk the difference, if there is) which definitely isn't WWII. Back then they still had the trench watch design, like their Queen Anne and other porcelain dials. Not sure about the movement but the sowars usually had Longines movements.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
The watch is all original. Obviously it's not military and the hands are relumed.

From that miniscule first picture it seems to be a sowan/sowar (idk the difference, if there is) which definitely isn't WWII. Back then they still had the trench watch design, like their Queen Anne and other porcelain dials. Not sure about the movement but the sowars usually had Longines movements.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I'm afraid it isn't correct.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts