WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been waiting for an opportunity to purchase the DW5025D Ocean Grey. I've been looking around the net for one, with no avail. Today, I found a lightly used one pop up on ebay with a starting bid of $300. This is much more than I expected to pay for this model. Is $300 reasonable for the DW5025D? If not, what would be a reasonable price for a new one?

Also, is $60 for a daily used DW5025B Rising White a good deal? I have a friend who is trying to sell some of his pieces, and I'm not sure if I should buy it or not. I am a sucker for screwbacks though. It has no scratches on the face, some light scratches on the case back, and minimal discoloring on the band. Bezel has some dings too.

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
There was a brand new ocean grey on ebay with box and everything for $200 last week, so I am going to say $300 for used is too much. But it is a model that doesn't come up for sale too often so you would have to get lucky with timing to find a good deal.

·
Registered
143 Posts
60 bucks for a dw-5025b is a decent deal. For me less than $100 for a used dw-5025b in very good condition is a good deal. Anyway, you can mod this watch with dw-5600e bezel, band, and module.

Dw-5025d is a nice watch but its resins are expensive and bezel is discontinued. So, make sure you buy one in very good shape.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
You can still get new bezels and straps for the 5025b, so $60 is a very good deal. You can only get new straps for the 5025d not the bezel. I paid for a mint 5025d about $250, but for me it was a very hard find. The D happens to be one of my favorite squares, it has a very nice mirror display with a reverse EL.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts