WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
watchrapport.com

anyone know if they are legit. i cant seem to find ratings I believe are real. their watches are a couple thousand cheaper than other sites so it looks a little sketchy. anyone buy from them?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Can you find a name or address? I can't.

And from there wall of smoke and mirrors text in the Contact Us section:

Why is my item being sold on your website?

If your item is being listed for sale on our website, it means someone submitted the data using our form to list the item for sale. We use tools to verify that the watch really exists. If the item submitted passes our verification process, our system automatically makes it active and live for sale. If you want to claim or remove a listing, please complete this form here.

Sounds legit...

·
Registered
163 Posts
I was interested in a couple of watches they had listed, so I contacted them via WhatsApp. After the conversation I decided I wasn’t comfortable doing business with the website. These are things I gathered from my conversation with the representative via WhatsApp.

1) The watches can ship from anywhere in the world and you won’t be notified from where till you purchase it and it ships. From my conversation, I gather that most of the watches ship from Asia.

2) The watches are inspected by their people to verify authenticity. (Couldn’t specify if it was in house people or third party, either way it’s their people).

3) Most watches won’t be received by you for at least a month. If you purchase a watch from the site, don’t expect to see it or hear from the company for a month or longer.

4) They calm to guarantee authenticity, but it’s for only for 30 days. If you send the watch off to the manufacture after couple of years and discover it’s a fake, you’re out of luck.

The 30 day thing was a big deal killer for me. I don’t really have access to a reputable watchmaker to be comfortable with the limited 30 day fake guarantee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
watchrapport.com

anyone know if they are legit. i cant seem to find ratings I believe are real. their watches are a couple thousand cheaper than other sites so it looks a little sketchy. anyone buy from them?
They had a watch listed that I have listed on my website using my description and photos. I sent an email and never heard back but the next day the watch was no longer on their website. very shady and not trustworthy at all.

·
Registered
1 Posts
watchrapport.com

I have been waiting for the watch that I bought from the watch rapport 6 month ago..
Now I am requesting refund, but very slow response.BAD ? No ..they are worst..

·
Registered
1 Posts
watchrapport.com

I tried to use their Rolex Boutique purchase option and paid for a couple nice watches they claimed were brand new for MSRP. They were clear I would have to wait for 90-180 days and I was ok with that even though I would have to pay all the money up front. About a month after the transaction went through they said they had some "difficult news to share". They had a sob story about how their transaction processor wasn't trustworthy and so they were ceasing to do business with them even though it didn't affect any of their customers but based purely on ethical reasons of how they were doing business with other companies. They informed me they were going to refund the money to my card (so use that same payment processor again that they so ethically objected to even though my transaction had posted perfectly a month prior) and that I would have to wire them the purchase amount directly. In case you don't know, you should never wire money to anyone you don't have a background with or trust completely since it is irreversible and the other person can just walk away with the money.

I asked them just to keep the money that they already had and that it was silly to refund through the same processor a month later and then ask for a wire to get it back to them.

They never responded. Thankfully my money was refunded to my card, but my wishes weren't granted and I don't think they ever have any intentions of selling anyone a new Rolex for MSRP.

·
Premium Member
48,049 Posts
watchrapport.com

They're a sales platform business. They don't really have a watch to sell.

I think you waited too long to raise these questions. Sooner you ask your credit card for a reverse charge, the better.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I scooted by there some time back and noticed that you can buy lots of extras that maybe shouldn't be extras. $200 watch appraisal, $200 official certificate of sale, priority processing $250 etc.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
They may occasionally sell a watch or two, but ultimately these seems like a massive scheme to get cheap access to cash. They take your money without carrying the watch you are interested in and without guarantee that they will fulfill the order. Nonetheless they can keep your cash for 180 days before refunding you. No explanation needs to be given here an excerpt from their t&cs:

Watch Rapport offers products available for sale via pre-order. The customer understands and agrees that pre-orders are not products available for immediate sale, delivery, or fulfillment. When using our checkout process to complete a purchase or any other purchase method available by Watch Rapport, the customer understands and agrees that payment is due in advance. Watch Rapport collects payments in advance before order processing; whether the order may or may not be fulfilled, Watch Rapport requires payment in advance to process the order. The customer understands and agrees that pre-order payments are collected in advance to secure the sale. The customer understands and agrees that pre-orders may take up to 180 days to deliver, fulfill, or be completed. The customer understands and agrees that pre-orders are not guaranteed to be fulfilled and may be canceled at any time for any reason without notice. The customer understands and agrees that items being offered via pre-orders may not be in stock or ever available to be shipped due to market availability, sole company discretion, or any other conditions or unknown variables. The customer understands and agrees that during the pre-order sale, Watch Rapport will hold and use your payment. Watch Rapport reserves the right to cancel and refund pre-orders for any reason at any time without notice.

·
Registered
84 Posts
This is the place to buy watches for me. All of the best brands that I admire are available here. I won't be opting for any other site or store to buy watches from. I have already got a couple of watches last month and have ordered one more a few days back.
Lol, I’m feeling like Amanda works there I’ve looked at this site many times and never got a good feeling. Reading through their FAQ and info pages it all seems a bit vague. Also, when prices seem too good to be true they usually are.

·
Registered
4,699 Posts
This is the place to buy watches for me. All of the best brands that I admire are available here. I won't be opting for any other site or store to buy watches from. I have already got a couple of watches last month and have ordered one more a few days back.
This post tells you everything you need to know about them... seriously... everything

·
Registered
10,536 Posts
First and only post
I was a bit skeptical about my purchase but the customer support team was always on their toes whenever I had any queries. I bothered them a lot but they always behaved in a patient and professional manner. They know how to take care of their customers
First and only post

1 - 20 of 73 Posts