WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Is your watch insured against damage and or theft ?

• yes

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • no

Votes: 13 48.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im interested to know how many current WUS members have insurance on "expensive watches ?...any opinions are welcomed ..I personally have jewelers mutual insurance . Please use poll on watches over 2000.00 ...

·
Registered
268 Posts
How about we make this more interesting by asking how much do you pay for insurance?

Ive been paying $0.0125/yr/dollar insured. Anyone else getting cheaper rate?

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
I ship all my watches with fully coverage so yes they are protected against damge/theft. Hope this answers your question.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The premium is determined partially by deductible and what is covered. My insurance is zero deductible and covers everything including any damage requiring repair.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I would not have normaly considered a specific watch policy for my collection. But my home insurance requires a rider for any jewelry, including watches, that appraise over $1000. So technically, I do have insurance on the Speedmaster within the confines of my property.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have multiple watches insured under my homeowners policy, but I'm now concerned about exactly what scenarios are covered. I'm paying about $300 a year for >$40K in watches.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would not have normaly considered a specific watch policy for my collection. But my home insurance requires a rider for any jewelry, including watches, that appraise over $1000. So technically, I do have insurance on the Speedmaster within the confines of my property.
True but home insurance is NOT something you want to file a claim against .. they are notorious for jacking up premiums or dropping after any claims .

·
Registered
120 Posts
True but home insurance is NOT something you want to file a claim against .. they are notorious for jacking up premiums or dropping after any claims .
True. Home insurance is more of a catastrophic loss sort of thing. If I ever have to file a claim, I assume I'll have lost more than one watch. That said, I live in Texas. I have actually received two new roofs and replacement siding in the stretch of 25 years without policy issues. (Knock on wood, but not with those softball-sized hailstone anymore!)

·
Registered
380 Posts
I have USAA and insure my wife's jewelry and our watches. I think we have just under 40k of stuff insured and it costs us a little more than a dollar a day. Less than the price of a factory service and it's nice piece of mind. The worst part is if someone stole my Rolex ... I can get the money it's worth ... but no telling when or if I can replace it.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Not individually, but collectively they're covered under some sort of liability umbrella rider mumbo jumbo thing or something... I don't know, my wife is in charge of that crap...

·
Registered
268 Posts
My homeowner's insurance covers all property contained within, and worn/carried without.
For those saying homeowner insurance covers it did you get a special rider or something to include jewelry? Most of the time the default policy excludes jewelry, fur, firearms etc...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts