WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share my disappointment, as I just bought a new Sea Master "Olympic Collection" caliber 3303 (ref. 2896.51.91).

Two days after having bought the watch it suddenly stopped while I was wearing it. Thought it might have been low of charge (it is automatic) but it happened again and again even after winding it and wearing it for 14+ hours... I wrote to customer care in Switzerland and they referred me to the local representative in Buenos Aires (a distributor) which asked me to leave the watch for a diagnosis.

I believe I shouldn't take a "repaired" watch having bought it only a week ago, and that Omega should replace it with a new unit, but the manager at the distributor said that is not likely to happen as I bought the watch at a duty free shop outside the country.

I think that if Omega sells on most Airports duty free shops, they must provide the same customer service level no matter where the watch is taken.

Anybody has recommendations, suggestions, or comments to make on this?

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear this. I'm not sure of Omega's policy when dealing with watches purchased out of country, but I think it makes sense that they referred you to someone local. I imagine it is that local dealer's decision on how to deal with it. If you press them, they might try to work things out with Omega for you. It might be worth it to contact the store where you purchased it, to see how they might be willing to help.

Again, I'm really sorry to hear this and I'm sure it's a major disappointment. Good luck.

eric

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Eric, I tried to solve this locally and talking to Omega, but I will follow your suggestion and call Mexico Duty Free Shop to hear what they can do...

Will let you know how this goes,

Jose

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
So sorry to hear the news, Jose. Keep us posted on what the best resolution offered to you is.

My first inclination would be to ask for another watch from the duty free shop where you purchased it. They should then be able to return it to Omega for credit.

Looks like the c.33XX bug strikes again! :-|

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Roger,

I live in Argentina and bought it in Mexico. I guess will be customs issues to send the watches back and forth. I hope Omega offers me a new watch through their local distributor... If not, will have to push the Mexico store.

Was that a known bug at all with these calibers?

Jose

1 - 5 of 5 Posts