WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

I was away for a great while studying for my locksmith license. So now after 18 exams (Yes that's correct 18!!!) I am done. Now I am just waiting for the state exam, so I have time to be on the forum:-!.

So what did I miss? Any new purchases?

·
Banned
11,612 Posts
So does this mean that you can pick a lock with a paper clip now? 19 exams sounds kind of excessive. Welcome back yogev.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Welcome back! Always more fun with you around...a lot of new Monsters around these parts (particularly of the Orange variety) due to a recent sale someone found, but other than that, I think you'll find the place more or less in the same shape as when you left it.

Oh, and make sure you find the "Grand Seiko Collection" thread that was posted a month or two ago...lots of watches to drool over in that one!

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. It is always good to be here. Picking a lock with a paper clip? Hmmmmmm I wish it was true :) It is actually difficult to do when you have the right tools for the task, very frustrating. I agree it about the 19 exams being excessive. I am sure I would know the same with only 10 exams, but what can you do? Just go with the program and hope your business will do well. I will look up the grand seiko collection thread so I drool a bit, I have not done so in a while :) And I did go batty at times (many many many times) :)

Yogev

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Just a sidenote. I admire you for taking classes and exams for that profession. Years ago, I had my own set of lockpicks for "hobby" picking. I was and still am able to open some easy locks for friends when they've lost the keys. I learned from a pal of mine who was self taught as well. We actually liked the challenge of the Master #3, #1, and the big #5, and could open any of those very quickly. The brass bodied "WB"s proved the hardest.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just a sidenote. I admire you for taking classes and exams for that profession. Years ago, I had my own set of lockpicks for "hobby" picking. I was and still am able to open some easy locks for friends when they've lost the keys. I learned from a pal of mine who was self taught as well. We actually liked the challenge of the Master #3, #1, and the big #5, and could open any of those very quickly. The brass bodied "WB"s proved the hardest.
Thank you, I appreciate it.
It is a skill that you need to learn for a long time. It is all done by feel and touch. You also need to know which tools would work best for a specific lock manufacturer. After you know which ones you need to use, you have to learn how to use it. But I would not want to get into this over here on the forum. You never know who's reading this, and it is also a watch forum;-)
But if you have any questions regarding locks or tools feel free to PM me and I will try to answer as best as I can. Thanks again for the kind words.

Yogev

1 - 8 of 8 Posts