WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

281 - 300 of 353 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
I paid the extr deposit. Told I am #11 on the list for the OB chain. No idea when they will arrive. Q1 - Q4 who knows.

·
Premium Member
11,197 Posts
No one really cares about that award. My cousin works for NASA (in Virginia in their nuclear power plant division for moon/Mars stations) and it's a publicity and marketing only thing.

Who's being manipulated by marketing?
Influenced by marketing. Nah, never happens.

Sort of like Rolex hee-hawing about the Explorer making it to the top of Everest on Hillary's wrist - probably never happened - but it's a good storyline and marketing ploy.

·
Registered
358 Posts
No one really cares about that award. My cousin works for NASA (in Virginia in their nuclear power plant division for moon/Mars stations) and it's a publicity and marketing only thing.

Who's being manipulated by marketing?
Was your cousin employed by NASA in 1970 when they were given the award? I bet you it was big deal back then. And just because your cousin works for NASA and has shared his opinion with you doesn't make it right and really doesn't mean anything, quite frankly.

If you don't like it, fine. Don't buy the watch.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Just adding to the (mis)information. My local OB says no waiting list per se, so no deposits or queue (though I suspect there is an unofficial one, really).

First "phase" will be ~2,000 pieces worldwide, which should be in stores end of this year / early next, then more will be released (though total number still unclear).

They also don't know how many pieces each store will get.

Edit to add: they seemed pretty relaxed about availability once the first phase has gone out of the door. Obviously, that's not a guarantee, but there was certainly no pressure to buy or place deposits or suggestion that these would be difficult to pick up next year.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts
This could go either way. Initial batch snapped up, then a trickle for the rest. I suspect a lot less will be made than people think. Along with the price, it may end up being when it is discontinued a much harder with to get than people think.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Just my humble opinion: I don't believe in October 2021 this watch will be hard to get from an AD or OB. Again... just my humble opinion.

·
Banned
4 Posts
This can go either way for Omega. They can make 20k Snoopys and flood the market with them. On the other hand making 5k Snoopys would create a massive demand and prices in the grey will be around 30% over mrsp. I think 10k is the sweet spot, it'll get the watches in the hands to people who really want them and yet still hold their value around mrsp.

For the first time Omega holds the keys to their success here going forward on the demand of the brand.

I will be getting a new Snoopy regardless of what they sell for in the grey. I love the watch it's fun and innovative with the caseback. Do I want to see Snoopys going for 40% off in the grey in a year obviously not. If I knew it would be 40% off in a year I would buy it used and save myself the money. All I know is I want this watch and don't want to miss out.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
I called my local boutique and was told the wait list/deposit is closed and next one probably won't be for another 8 months.

Called a local AD and got my name on the wait list although the gentleman admitted they have no allocation data but as always boutiques get filled first.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I read on some forums of a 4 digit waitlist in Singapore alone.

This is going to be like trying to get Rolex GMt at lest for the first year possibly 2 perhaps.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I think the watch is cool and I love the little additions on the caseback...I’m just having a difficult time personally justifying the extra 4k over a regular speed master. At least it’s cheaper than the GSOTM I’ve been eyeing.

·
Premium Member
11,197 Posts
I think the watch is cool and I love the little additions on the caseback...I’m just having a difficult time personally justifying the extra 4k over a regular speed master. At least it’s cheaper than the GSOTM I’ve been eyeing.
Question is how big of a gap will remain if/when Omega updates the Moonwatch with the 3186 movement. I expect that the price difference will still be substantial (maybe 3-4k premium to have Snoopy brighten up your day).

My short-term decision was to go for the Silver Snoopy over the BLNR (AD predicts Q1 next year). I'm still on the waitlist for the BLNR but still unsure about purchasing due to the Jubilee bracelet; by contrast, for my life style, the Snoopy was an easy decision.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Question is how big of a gap will remain if/when Omega updates the Moonwatch with the 3186 movement. I expect that the price difference will still be substantial (maybe 3-4k premium to have Snoopy brighten up your day).

My short-term decision was to go for the Silver Snoopy over the BLNR (AD predicts Q1 next year). I'm still on the waitlist for the BLNR but still unsure about purchasing due to the Jubilee bracelet; by contrast, for my life style, the Snoopy was an easy decision.
I quite like the jubilee on the blnr. I think it makes it a bit dressier than the standard oyster, and I probably have enough regular looking sports watches in my life.

·
Registered
524 Posts
In line with this, I was contacted as well. I was told I need to now pay the full $10k or lose my high place in line. I'm shocked after being told $5k will secure the piece, and having been early on the list long before they were public. Not good behavior from the boutique, frankly. As I previously noted, delivery in my case had also gone from Jan/Feb during deposit season, to probably end of next year. On the basis that Omega seems to be hell bent on shoring-up cash flow on a watch that I'm now being told will be delivered at least a year from now, I have decided to refund my deposit and I'll now be passing.
Not sure if this Snoopy is a special case or they're overwhelmed with the pre-orders, but this time I think they didn't handle it too well and I'd be a bit upset too. From my experience, they've always treated their customers pretty well, so I'm not sure why they kinda dropped the ball for this one. What I had been told back then when I placed an order for a watch from the OB is that they don't really have a fixed amount for deposit, usually it's 50%, but if your relationship with them is good, you can ask to put down only 30% for example and they will still be okay with it. Anyway, I'd wait to see the watch in person first, it seems like the blue is very different from various photos and videos, personally I prefer the deeper blue from the official photos.

281 - 300 of 353 Posts