WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

301 - 320 of 353 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,707 Posts
All I know is I want this watch and don't want to miss out.
This is exactly why Omega has so many limited editions, it’s the only way to get people to pay full retail for an Omega.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Not sure if this Snoopy is a special case or they're overwhelmed with the pre-orders, but this time I think they didn't handle it too well and I'd be a bit upset too. From my experience, they've always treated their customers pretty well, so I'm not sure why they kinda dropped the ball for this one. What I had been told back then when I placed an order for a watch from the OB is that they don't really have a fixed amount for deposit, usually it's 50%, but if your relationship with them is good, you can ask to put down only 30% for example and they will still be okay with it. Anyway, I'd wait to see the watch in person first, it seems like the blue is very different from various photos and videos, personally I prefer the deeper blue from the official photos.
I don't disagree. The crazy thing is I was on the list before it was public. In the pre-released thread I dropped loads of info/teasers on what the watch would look like. Arguably, my relationship with the Boutique is good. However, they now decided that its pay in full or go away. Those on the "wait list" are on a "second list" if anyone drops out from their deposit (like me). There's lots going on behind the scenes, at least at my Boutique, and I'm just over it. Like I said in prior comments, I am missing a sense of craftsmanship with this watch (the 45th excelled in this regard with the hand-finishing on the lapel caseback) and I'm fine that the Omega boutique was able to make my decision to pull out easier. My spot will go to someone else who wants it more, and is willing to hand over their $10k indefinitely while waiting.

This is exactly why Omega has so many limited editions, it’s the only way to get people to pay full retail for an Omega.
I hate this because Omega does make some fantastic watches, including the 300 MC, original Speedy, and even some of the LE's, but I'll be damned if it isn't the truth. Tough pill to swallow on this one but you're not wrong.

Reactions: mleok

·
Registered
84 Posts
It seems demand is definitely outstripping supply. This should be a hot piece for a while after the first ones hit the street

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don't disagree. The crazy thing is I was on the list before it was public. In the pre-released thread I dropped loads of info/teasers on what the watch would look like. Arguably, my relationship with the Boutique is good. However, they now decided that its pay in full or go away. Those on the "wait list" are on a "second list" if anyone drops out from their deposit (like me). There's lots going on behind the scenes, at least at my Boutique, and I'm just over it. Like I said in prior comments, I am missing a sense of craftsmanship with this watch (the 45th excelled in this regard with the hand-finishing on the lapel caseback) and I'm fine that the Omega boutique was able to make my decision to pull out easier. My spot will go to someone else who wants it more, and is willing to hand over their $10k indefinitely while waiting.

I hate this because Omega does make some fantastic watches, including the 300 MC, original Speedy, and even some of the LE's, but I'll be damned if it isn't the truth. Tough pill to swallow on this one but you're not wrong.
Damn that is too bad, yeah and you had so many info prior to launch! This 100% deposit thing is ... Im in HK and it doesnt seem they are even accepting any form of deposit though but i think waitlist is super super long........

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Damn that is too bad, yeah and you had so many info prior to launch! This 100% deposit thing is ... Im in HK and it doesnt seem they are even accepting any form of deposit though but i think waitlist is super super long........
It was made obvious to me the deposit list was closed some time ago. The waitlist at my boutique is a different list, and they are not accepting any deposits now. We were also discussing that in the pre-announcement thread, the "deposit" list was only open for 4 days. I'm just surprised that those of us contacted/invited to be part of that have gone from "preferred" clients to money play things, where its pay your $10k or you won't be getting one (in my case/boutique). I dropped out accordingly.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think Omega is doing it right asking for money upfront, maybe not full pop but at least half. This will weed out the flippers and speculators. How many people will drop off the list if the watch is selling for less on the grey after the release. People that are paying now want the watch and don't care of the value. Omega is basically saying put your money where your mouth is.

I wish Rolex did this, I was first at my Rolex AD when the new Subs were launched and inquired about a new Kermit. Which means nothing, they are hand picking who they choose to sell their watches too.

I like the fact that Omega is doing it this way....you want a watch and inquired early on in the release....then you'll get one. Unlike Rolex, where you need a hope and a prayer to get the watch you want.

I always laughed at the people that said their done with Rolex and moving on to other brands. Funny cause now I'm starting to get it.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
660 Posts
Mine is ordered at an AD. Deposit was 15% of the total, and if the watch doesn't arrive in good time (estimate is inside of 6 months at present) the deposit is refunded. They sold out their allocation in 24 hours, and no more are promised, although he said he does expect a second batch in 2022, He also ordered one for himself (apparently, Omega ADs accounted for a substantial number of this first batch, at a much lower discount than they would ordinarily get).

All in all, a straightforward purchasing experience; no discounts, but a free NATO and a bottle of champagne on their dime at order pickup time. It looks like those who want one should get one, but I don't see Omega flooding the market and I also don't expect to see these at 40% of retail in the secondary market -- but who knows?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mine is ordered at an AD. Deposit was 15% of the total, and if the watch doesn't arrive in good time (estimate is inside of 6 months at present) the deposit is refunded. They sold out their allocation in 24 hours, and no more are promised, although he said he does expect a second batch in 2022, He also ordered one for himself (apparently, Omega ADs accounted for a substantial number of this first batch, at a much lower discount than they would ordinarily get).

All in all, a straightforward purchasing experience; no discounts, but a free NATO and a bottle of champagne on their dime at order pickup time. It looks like those who want one should get one, but I don't see Omega flooding the market and I also don't expect to see these at 40% of retail in the secondary market -- but who knows?
What a refreshing buying experience compared to Rolex. You want a watch, and you'll get it in due time. I'm cool with waiting for a watch, 6 months...a year whatever.

Rolex on the other hand just sells you empty promises for hard to get pieces.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I’m down on the list at the AD where I bought my Ultraman back in November 2018. Whilst in no way an investment junkie, I fully expect pre-owned values to quite easily surpass £20k (and possibly £25k) and stay there no matter how many watches Omega produces. They’ve created a bit of a ‘Rolex-esque’ monster with this edition.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
What a refreshing buying experience compared to Rolex. You want a watch, and you'll get it in due time. I'm cool with waiting for a watch, 6 months...a year whatever.

Rolex on the other hand just sells you empty promises for hard to get pieces.

That's no different to Rolex. You want a watch, you go on a waiting list and you'll get it in due time.
When the first Snoopys arrive people will be paying crazy money for them, same as they do for Rolexes.

·
Registered
31 Posts
That's no different to Rolex. You want a watch, you go on a waiting list and you'll get it in due time.
When the first Snoopys arrive people will be paying crazy money for them, same as they do for Rolexes.
Not so sure about that. Rolex waitlist don't even exist anymore nor will they even take your name if your a new customer.

And the first few Snoopys that hit the grey market will Comand a premium but it'll settle down real fast where watches will be selling around mrsp is my guess.

·
Registered
660 Posts
IDK about that. What's due time? The "due time" for the OP39 white/black I ordered shortly after they were announced seems to have expired with their discontinuation this September -- not that the RB ever followed up. Yeah, maybe the Snoopy waitlists will stretch into eternity like their Rolex counterparts, but history doesn't suggest that they will.

Sure, I'd prefer to stroll into my AD, spend some time chatting with the Snoopy on my wrist, then go home and agonize over all the reviews, forum discussions, etc., stretching out the pleasurable agony before taking the plunge -- but given the buzz and follow-on prices the previous-generation Snoopy saw, along with the anticipation and initial reception of this model, that was never going to happen. Hopefully the waits aren't too long, and those who order will receive in reasonable time -- and then when they're gone, they're gone.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Not so sure about that. Rolex waitlist don't even exist anymore nor will they even take your name if your a new customer.

And the first few Snoopys that hit the grey market will Comand a premium but it'll settle down real fast where watches will be selling around mrsp is my guess.

This is exactly what I heard/read 5 years ago about the Snoopy 45th, and now to get one below eur20K is miracle..........:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I e-mailed every boutique in America to purchase and have been put on their waiting lists. The Los Angeles boutique has 10k names on it (so they said). Costa Mesa has 100 names. Bellagio in Las Vegas said the next batch won't come in until 2022 after the deposits have been filled.

Looks like Omega has a winner here

·
Registered
224 Posts
Called my local boutique to get on the waiting list. I'm number 20+. However, close to 10k for this seems quite dear. Currently have the JLC Polaris Limited Edition, which is rather similar. Not sure if it's worth selling that for this Speedy.

·
Registered
31 Posts
This is exactly what I heard/read 5 years ago about the Snoopy 45th, and now to get one below eur20K is miracle..........
The 45th Snoopy is a numbered limited edition of 2000. They will be making a lot more of this Snoopy, so the prices will never be that high for this Snoopy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I e-mailed every boutique in America to purchase and have been put on their waiting lists. The Los Angeles boutique has 10k names on it (so they said). Costa Mesa has 100 names. Bellagio in Las Vegas said the next batch won't come in until 2022 after the deposits have been filled.

Looks like Omega has a winner here
When I paid for mine at the South Coast Plaza OB on Oct 5th, they did say there were about 100 paid orders in their location. But they also said there were only hundreds ordered in US. BTW, they did say the whole US is on one big list, regardless which OB you went. So if LA said there were 10K on their list, I am not sure what list is that.

301 - 320 of 353 Posts