WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

321 - 340 of 385 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
When I put paid for mine at the South Coast Plaza OB on Oct 5th, they did say there were about 100 paid orders in their location. But they also said there were only hundreds ordered in US. BTW, they did say the whole US is on one big list, regardless which OB you went. So if LA said there were 10K on their list, I am not sure what list is that.
Again, there is more than one list. At the US flagship, there is a "list" for people with paid deposits. That closed after 4 days, and was open 3 weeks before the watch was announced. The people with no meat in the game are just on a "wait list". That is literally a reserve list for those who drop out with models ordered for the first allocation hitting in 2021 (as others have said, next major allocation will likely be 2022).

A lot of people claiming they're on the list just have their name on a piece of paper which isn't curated and has no worth, unfortunately. If they're on their AD list, I hope they're a preferred buyer because they won't be getting tons of stock.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wow!

I don't think I've ever seen this much speculation and excitement around a watch in a long time. Omega must be loving it.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
When I paid for mine at the South Coast Plaza OB on Oct 5th, they did say there were about 100 paid orders in their location. But they also said there were only hundreds ordered in US. BTW, they did say the whole US is on one big list, regardless which OB you went. So if LA said there were 10K on their list, I am not sure what list is that.
I'm calling BS on LA's list too, unless they're referring to a nationwide list. St Louis, Atlanta, Torrance/Topanga all said their lists have less than 50 on them. So, I believe the stores are carrying their own lists. Others won't give me numbers on their lists though.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just love this watch. This or the Apollo 11? I think both are beautiful. My one criticism is they are priced the same but the 11 comes with a bracelet and this does not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
This will be a huge release, Rolex will take note. Thats 10,000 at $9600 is $96m is sales that Omega will get from just this one release! Rolex would have been a large chunk of that had they had watches for sale

·
Registered
160 Posts
This will be a huge release, Rolex will take note. Thats 10,000 at $9600 is $96m is sales that Omega will get from just this one release! Rolex would have been a large chunk of that had they had watches for sale
Rolex watches are usually much more expensive than OMEGA (official retail) and all their sport steel models are sold out everywhere in the world at full retail price; you can hardly find one in store for the past 3 years with long waiting lists... In simple words Rolex entire line up is like OMEGA's Snoopy watch...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Again, there is more than one list. At the US flagship, there is a "list" for people with paid deposits. That closed after 4 days, and was open 3 weeks before the watch was announced. The people with no meat in the game are just on a "wait list". That is literally a reserve list for those who drop out with models ordered for the first allocation hitting in 2021 (as others have said, next major allocation will likely be 2022).

A lot of people claiming they're on the list just have their name on a piece of paper which isn't curated and has no worth, unfortunately. If they're on their AD list, I hope they're a preferred buyer because they won't be getting tons of stock.
There are definitely multiple lists. I have had a deposit with the Omega boutique in Dallas since early this summer.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Question. I know the dial is silver but From the pics it looks pretty much white or am I wrong and it's a shade of silver?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Question. I know the dial is silver but From the pics it looks pretty much white or am I wrong and it's a shade of silver?

From what I read, it is a matte finish silver. I agree it does look like white in a lot of photos but that most likely was due to lighting condition.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Fratello writes "A blue panda basically, with a silver (ag925) off-white dial and blue sub dials."
I think their hands-on report no longer has the white reference, just "The new Speedmaster Silver Snoopy Award has a beautiful silver dial, with blue sub-dials, and a blue ceramic bezel".

321 - 340 of 385 Posts