WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

341 - 360 of 385 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Aside from reviewers, when will real life punters expect to see them in the wild, and how much do you think DSW will try to sell the 21st one for. I bet he lists to for $40k lol!!!

·
Premium Member
11,459 Posts
I think their hands-on report no longer has the white reference, just "The new Speedmaster Silver Snoopy Award has a beautiful silver dial, with blue sub-dials, and a blue ceramic bezel".

Thanks for posting the link. Really difficult to see the dial colour from the videos. I hope it’s silver as I was disappointed that they would paint Snoopy white.

My AD has told me Q1 next year. It’ll be interesting to see all the pictures posted in a few weeks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Question. I know the dial is silver but From the pics it looks pretty much white or am I wrong and it's a shade of silver?
From what I read, it is a matte finish silver. I agree it does look like white in a lot of photos but that most likely was due to lighting condition.
Hey, it seems that someone here doesn't know what color silver is.
Guys, silver is white, it does not reflect light like steel does.
Look here: I placed my steel seamaster on a silver plate.
And yes, silver is white (sort of)
(Indoor picture with natural light)
1989308F-CB34-4BED-A85B-D74FFAF1063E.jpeg
02C48607-3605-4F28-BABE-46EE2541FF2B.jpeg

·
Premium Member
11,459 Posts
View attachment 15515351
View attachment 15515356
Interesting, I hadn’t thought about that characteristic of silver. So looking forward to seeing this in person.

·
Registered
21 Posts
View attachment 15515351
View attachment 15515356
Since none of us had seen the watch in person, I guess that is no point to debate the color of the dial.

However, I am very much enjoying the creative logic of proofing bright silver is white by comparing silver with stainless steel. Now I know exactly why I cannot proof navy is black because I have been comparing navy with black. I should have comparing navy with baby blue instead. Since navy is a much darker shade of blue, it must be black (sort of).:rolleyes:

BTW, if silver is white, then mirrors must also be white since mirrors are just silver nitrated glass. o_O

·
Registered
46 Posts
Since none of us had seen the watch in person, I guess that is no point to debate the color of the dial.

However, I am very much enjoying the creative logic of proofing bright silver is white by comparing silver with stainless steel. Now I know exactly why I cannot proof navy is black because I have been comparing navy with black. I should have comparing navy with baby blue instead. Since navy is a much darker shade of blue, it must be black (sort of).:rolleyes:

BTW, if silver is white, then mirrors must also be white since mirrors are just silver nitrated glass. o_O
My dear friend, sarcasm is an art, but it seems that you are not at all an artist.
So you only waisted a good occasion to stay silent; instead you’ve talked and so... you’ve only demonstrated that you’re rude and ignorant.
Are you saying that silver is not white just to joke about me and my opinion?
Well, I let you realise that it is not MY opinion.
Silver IS white; and it’s A FACT, not my opinion.
Please see below, from Wikipedia (but you can search in any source of latest 4 or 5 millennium):

Silver is a chemical element with the symbolAg (from the Latin argentum, derived from the Proto-Indo-European h₂erǵ: "shiny" or "white") and atomic number 47. A soft, white, lustrous transition metal, it exhibits the highest electrical conductivity, thermal conductivity, and reflectivity of any metal.
_

Obviously, it’s not white as a paper sheet. Like gold: it is yellow, but not yellow as a lemon; or red gold is not like a red apple and rose gold is not like a pig 🐖
Even copper, you can say it’s red or orange but it’s not the same color of a Ducati or an orange 🍊 fruit.

Secondary, I posted those pictures just to make clear how in photos silver is whiter than steel in the same image, just in response to someone who thought (or had the doubt) that the dial of this Snoopy 3 was painted in white.
Just to explain with an evidence how tricky it can be to the eye.
Please note that in every picture of this watch, the silver dial is photographed side by side to its steel case (yes, I’m being sarcastic) so I made the same.
If you can’t find any utility in my post, you’re not obligated to give it an answer. And if you feel so (obligated), please learn something before making stupid sarcastic argument!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Alright let's all agree to disagree on the colour of silver....lol

Onto more important things, I'm hearing the Snoopys will start hitting the OB in the next 2 weeks. Anyone have confirmation on this from their OB?

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
117 Posts
how do you guys feel that it says "anniversary" in the dial... would have been better a clean snoopy sub dial and somer eference on the back?

·
Registered
117 Posts
not sure that will bug me or not.. guess I need to see it in the flesh

·
Registered
689 Posts
how do you guys feel that it says "anniversary" in the dial... would have been better a clean snoopy sub dial and somer eference on the back?
I'm not crazy about it, would have preferred the clean dial and the anniversary text elsewhere, but I doubt I'll notice it on the wrist.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm not crazy about it, would have preferred the clean dial and the anniversary text elsewhere, but I doubt I'll notice it on the wrist.
Agree with you... final verdict would be when I have it on the wrist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
I guess by adding the 50th Anniversary people can relate to which important date Omega is referring to, I think...

·
Registered
117 Posts
I guess by adding the 50th Anniversary people can relate to which important date Omega is referring to, I think...
Yup.... but on the dial? Not sure is too much in your face versus case back

·
Registered
117 Posts
I heard the same from my AD; looks like boutiques will be getting the soon and then ADs Q1 in 2021.
anybody heard if there is a maximuk production?

·
Registered
117 Posts

·
Registered
12,099 Posts
Interesting titbit from Robert Jan Broer of Fratello watches and Speedy Tuesday fame.

At 5000 pieces that’s more than £41,000,000

·
Registered
117 Posts
well... probably when he says even more refers to A LOT MORE.... more than 5,000 have been limited editions in the past of Omega.... I think they will run this for 2 years according to deman and then stop....

what you guys thinnk?

341 - 360 of 385 Posts