WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
I can relate with OP. I'm also having some difficulty finding sources with details on their in-house movement. There are also some controversies going around saying Breitling is only retuning existing ETAs.

I just acquired a Superocean 44 on the used market. It looks good, but I have difficulty finding info on it's movement, applied tech etc. I do know it's using B17 in-house movement though, whatever that means.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I can relate with OP. I'm also having some difficulty finding sources with details on their in-house movement. There are also some controversies going around saying Breitling is only retuning existing ETAs.

I just acquired a Superocean 44 on the used market. It looks good, but I have difficulty finding info on it's movement, applied tech etc. I do know it's using B17 in-house movement though, whatever that means.
modified ETA is what that means. Some prefer non in house movements, I have both, and they keep great time either way. good luck and congrats on the new watch

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Breitling has actually made it easier for to tell which watches have in-house movements and which doesn't... at least in chronographs.

If the watch has matching sub-dials it is using a modified ETA movement which is COSC certified.

If the sub-dials contrast it is an in-house movement

This is accurate almost across the board with current models.

The B01 is their in-house chronograph and their other in-house chrono movements are based off of it such as the B04 (GMT) and B03 (Rattrapante) and B05 (world timer)

The B20 is their in-house 3 hand movement (it is shared with Tudor)

the B17 is a modified ETA 2824, the B13 is a modified ETA 7750, B37 is a modified ETA 2895 (I think)

good luck in you search

·
Registered
387 Posts
I don't mind Breitlings's modded ETA movements. I have a A17360, bracelet date is 10 08, I last set it over three weeks ago, and it's gained 20 seconds. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts