WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
7,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted in the Omega Forum, but wanted to share here too. I got to try on THE Seamaster of the 50's - a caliber 471 Melbourne Olympic Commemorative, known as the XVI:

:p:p:p

Oh my gawd, it was sweeeeeeet. Wish I had the cash!

Anyway, I got to cross off my #1 Most Wanted vintage watch - a JLC Memovox:

Original & correct, it's a reference E855 caliber 825 bumper. 14K solid gold case with ss back, logo crowns, and from the 60's. It's better than a good day when you know you've found the right one and can stop trolling eBay 3 times a week. :-!:-d

This guy had some very nice watches, including a Rolex two tone bubbleback and a Ulysses Nardin Chronometer. It was a pleasure to see his collection. I'll be shooting pics of it in a couple weeks when I pick up my JLC since he was gracious enough to offer an afternoon to share his watches. Very cool of him.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Absolutely stunning thank you

I must take a drive down to switzerland to visit some of the museums.
I get a little more confused every day, thinking I have seen something I could be enjoy for a very long time.
Maximum 3 watches in my life one new two vintage how the hell do you choose
“They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.”

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Nice Seamaster.....liking the hour markers and lugs on that watch :-!

And the JLC?? Well............ b-)

You on bread & water rations now?? ;-)

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Beautiful JLC and wonderful looking Omega! Hope to get to see a few pics of that Memovox once you get it, congratulations!

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
My -76 Montreal Olympic says Hi!

Pic taken befor I had it restored by Omega in Bienne

·
Premium Member
13,455 Posts
well done and congrats on your last purchases Denis ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts