WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,489 Posts
It's my first purchase of this sort... (Not quite me but...) it's not too bad... Gentlemen, Please comment (ruthlessly)...
Good weekend...

Hi Sri,

Since you used the word 'ruthlessly' I'll put politeness aside and just give my honest opinions.

You're right, it's not too bad. It's not immediately striking, but it has a nice vintage vibe. I like the texture and padding of the strap, but would personally prefer a darker brown shade with the black (or largely grey?) dial. Overall, pretty cool strap.

I like the hands and notice in a few of the pics that it seems to have a nice 3D effect in terms of appearing to sit almost floating off the dial.

The markers and numbers thrill me a little less, but I guess they're trying to channel the older Explorers or Tudor Rangers? Not sure, the horology historians will know better than me on that score. Not too sure about that red triangle at 12 on the bezel. I like the ratcheting on the bezel. Overall, pretty funky vintage looking piece, but your Black Bay edges it comfortably. And your jacket....it looks mighty fine mate! :-!

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
Awaiting a flight to Dallas to meet up with the wife and kids. My younger son is competing in a tae kwon do tournament Saturday morning.
This will accompany on the flight
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Perhaps something else tomorrow at the Tournament...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk I. Munda

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Happy Friday Got this one on.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
The O1V is one of the nicer vintage homages of the last few years. Especially for the price. I understand the 'patina' effect of the lume, but, if I had one gripe about this watch, it would be that I would prefer white lume. Other than that, this is a nice watch.
And, if you know me well enough, you'll know that I don't give a rat's about the whole "you can't wear a dive watch with a suit" argument.
That watch works well with your outfit.
Enjoy it!

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I like the bezel

Hi Sri,

Since you used the word 'ruthlessly' I'll put politeness aside and just give my honest opinions.

You're right, it's not too bad. It's not immediately striking, but it has a nice vintage vibe. I like the texture and padding of the strap, but would personally prefer a darker brown shade with the black (or largely grey?) dial. Overall, pretty cool strap.

I like the hands and notice in a few of the pics that it seems to have a nice 3D effect in terms of appearing to sit almost floating off the dial.

The markers and numbers thrill me a little less, but I guess they're trying to channel the older Explorers or Tudor Rangers? Not sure, the horology historians will know better than me on that score. Not too sure about that red triangle at 12 on the bezel. I like the ratcheting on the bezel. Overall, pretty funky vintage looking piece, but your Black Bay edges it comfortably. And your jacket....it looks mighty fine mate! :-!

Reactions: Sri
41 - 60 of 60 Posts