WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new here and I want to know if my new Frogman DW 8200 it's original or it's a fake! I ask this because my watch haven't a Frog inn the back plate, it's normal? Is 1294 version, someone can help me???? :thanks

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Where did you get it from, and was it very cheap? Post a picture if you are able.

Looks like that model should have a frog on the caseback:
http://www.g-peopleland.com/Frog 1.htm

I will also say that the DW8200 seems to be faked a lot, but we will need pictures to tell you for sure.

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,569 Posts
The fakes have a similar screwback as the real one, though lower quality gravure. If there is a red stripe over the back, it's probably fake. If it was too cheap to believe (under $100.- for a BNIB) maybe too. We need pics to tell!

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
596 Posts
Is this the one from ebay a couple of days back, in the UK?

·
Registered
53 Posts
soo, I'm reeeaaally late to this party, but I'm very amused and happy to know that my Version is called the "Pull out Frog" Model :D :D

anyone know where to get an original overseas version strap? (The difference being that "Electro Luminescence" is on the top (buckle) strap, and the bottom one has "Illuminator" printed on it)

edit PS: and also, what screws do I need for the bezel? (I'm missing one on the side) // Also also, are there any nato-adapters for this model?

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
soo, I'm reeeaaally late to this party, but I'm very amused and happy to know that my Version is called the "Pull out Frog" Model :D :D

anyone know where to get an original overseas version strap? (The difference being that "Electro Luminescence" is on the top (buckle) strap, and the bottom one has "Illuminator" printed on it)

edit PS: and also, what screws do I need for the bezel? (I'm missing one on the side) // Also also, are there any nato-adapters for this model?
Wow! Only 8 years

I got a new Electro Luminescence strap for mine from an eBay seller in Poland, cost a bit though.

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
Yeah, I know right...

Hmm, ok, I'll have to be on the lookout then
Cost somewhere around the £40 I think, couldn't find a black bezel for it though, (I bought it from eBay as just the watch itself with no bezel or straps), so I plumped for a yellow one from Tiktox.

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
I found some from the JP version, could go with that until I find the matching one... but in the end I do want the red lettering and the Overseas edition strap

1 - 13 of 13 Posts