WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, this is escalating quickly...

A few months ago I stumbled upon a kick-ass deal on a DW5030c. I didn't actually know anything about screwbacks or project tough watches at the time, but I bought the watch and later found out that I had something special. Having fallen in love with the 5030, I decided that the watch was far too nice to be used as an everyday beater, so I purchased a DW5600. After having taken the 5600 on a 200 mile bike ride and other adventures, I decided that I needed a solar square for use at work (I'm a teacher so I use the timers on my watch quite heavily - so solar is a plus.)

In any case, last week I found a good deal on a GWM5610BC. I was immediately attracted to the negative display, black motif in tandem with the combi bracelet combo.
Having worn the watch for the past week, I am in love with the watch and its functions but have noticed a bit of a problem...

After a week of daily wear, I've noticed that the bracelet, and in particular, the "end link" of the bracelet seems to be rubbing on my wrist in an uncomfortable way.
It appears that the problem is that the end link section of the bracelet does not flex; that in tandem with the shorter lug-to-lug width of the watch has created a situation where the bottom of the end lugs are rubbing on my wrist bone in an uncomfortable way. (see below for an example). Funny thing is that my wrists are not that thick (6.75), but my wrist bone is somewhat large.

I'm curious, has anyone experienced this problem? If so have you figured out a solution.
As of right now, I'm thinking the best solution would be to put the combi bracelet in hopes that the wider lug-to-lug and the thicker screw back will sufficient offset the problem.

Any other suggestions or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks WUS!

Anthony

Attachments

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
I had a similar, but opposite issue. The combi bracelet on a resin case square matches my wrist shape perfectly. I can't wear it on a screwback because it changes the angle of the links right after the end links and isn't as comfortable.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting, I guess it really does make a difference. I'll switch out the bracelet tonight to see if it makes a difference. Thanks for your input.

·
Premium Member
14,818 Posts
No help on the bracelet. But I figured I would throw gas on your "burning flame of love" for the square.

This is an old photo. Some are gone, some have stayed. Tree Plant Drink

I've sold some, bought some others. I sit a 13 Squares now. Some members here have a whole lot more than I.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts