WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday I finally got my new 2254.50 :-! :-! :-!
I forgot to ask how you enable the wetsuit extension on the bracelet. I've failed the intelligence test trying to figure it out and I don't want to force anything.:think:
I'm really happy with the watch and spend hours watching the sweeping second hand. The 41mm dial feels big compared to my old 32mm Tag on my 7 and half inch wrist but I suppose I'll get used to it.:roll: The helium escape valve doesn't bother me at all. The waves, I love them B-)
I find the bracelet really comfortable and it fits perfectly.
I managed to get $NZ600 off the asking price from the AD so I was pretty pleased about that|> |> |> cheaper than duty free!!
My 13 year old daughter said that now you have your new watch you won't have to look at all those watch forums. I said I now have to bore everybody with endless photos :-D :-D
Thanks everybody for helping me with my quest :thanks :thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can someone please explain the winding thing to me please. Do I have to do anything it seems to be keeping perfect time so far?

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
yesterday I finally got my new 2254.50 :-! :-! :-!
I forgot to ask how you enable the wetsuit extension on the bracelet. I've failed the intelligence test trying to figure it out and I don't want to force anything.:think:

Where the back of the clasp meets the bracelet, there is a groove. Slip your thumbnail under it and pull up with a little force. It should pop the extension out. Now, be careful when you try to put the extension back. You must first slide the fold of the wetsuit extension under the bar in the center of the clasp before you close the extension. You will see that there is a groove cut in to that hinge on the extension. If you dont do this first, your bracelet will not close properly. It takes a few times but once you have it, you will not forget.

As far as the size goes, you will get used to it quickly. My wrists are much smaller than yours at 6.25", and I find when I put some of my old watches on, they look like women's watches. Believe me, after you wear it for a few weeks, you will not want to go back to wearing the Tag, because it will just look too small.

I suspect your forum time will increase, along with your watch portfolio.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Winding

Can someone please explain the winding thing to me please. Do I have to do anything it seems to be keeping perfect time so far?
I would give it a good starting wind. In other words, put the watch to your ear and wind it about 50 times or so until you hear a definitive "clicking" sound. This is the overwind protection and lets you know the watch is fully wound. From then on, if you wear it every day, you should not need to wind it. If you let it sit a day without wearing it, you should wind it again fully, and certainly if you let it stop completely. When I wear my watches daily, they have not needed to be wound again after fully winding them on day one.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Where the back of the clasp meets the bracelet, there is a groove.
:think: I've been looking and looking. I'm sure it's really obvious but I don't get it. I can't understand why it's not in the manual.I've gotta say the manual is the only thing I'm disappointed in.:-|
Start on the side of the clasp that has writing on it. Follow the clasp down to the opposite end of the writing. There where the bracelet meets the clasp is a "gap". That is where you need to insert your fingernail and lift up. Hold the bracelet with one hand and pry up on the clasp with the other. It might be a little tight, but it should give way without too much force.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Winding

I would give it a good starting wind. In other words, put the watch to your ear and wind it about 50 times or so until you hear a definitive "clicking" sound. This is the overwind protection and lets you know the watch is fully wound. From then on, if you wear it every day, you should not need to wind it. If you let it sit a day without wearing it, you should wind it again fully, and certainly if you let it stop completely. When I wear my watches daily, they have not needed to be wound again after fully winding them on day one.
Would the AD have done this?
Will this effect the time it's keeping now because it's keeping perfect time.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Start on the side of the clasp that has writing on it. Follow the clasp down to the opposite end of the writing. There where the bracelet meets the clasp is a "gap". That is where you need to insert your fingernail and lift up. Hold the bracelet with one hand and pry up on the clasp with the other. It might be a little tight, but it should give way without too much force.
ha ha ha I was looking on the wrong side :thanks

·
Registered
856 Posts
Don't be alarmed if it takes a couple weeks or so before the movement really settles in and gives you better time. Both my Planet and 2254 took 2 to 3 weeks before delivering unreal accuracy. Enjoy

·
Registered
761 Posts
Very Nice! you'll have to start showing pics!

Q

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks guys:) I did the full wind today

Now I'm a bit worried as my watch has neither gained or lost any time over the 3 days I've owned it :roll:

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
thanks guys:) I did the full wind today

Now I'm a bit worried as my watch has neither gained or lost any time over the 3 days I've owned it :roll:
Why are you worried! you should be really pleased with this!!!!! relax and enjoy your great watch :-!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts