WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there guys. It's been a while since I've posted around these parts.

What brings me back is another quest. A while back, I got a Damasko da47. I absolutely love it, with one exception. I can't get a bracelet for it. So i'm selling it and moving on to greener pastures.

I'm hoping you guys can open my eyes too some cool pieces that I may not have seem before in the $12-1500 range. To give you am idea of what I like, these are the top 3 I'm looking at right now.

sinn U1

Sinn ezm3

tutima NATO chrono

I'm looking for something toolish that went look out of place on a machine shop. A typical day for me could involve working at my desk, in a machine shop, out on the lake testing new fish finders, mowing the lawn... I'm looking for a rigged mechanical watch that fits that bill.

I'm not limited to divers, but that seems top be what I gravitate towards. Absolutely has to be mechanical, and has to have a bracelet available. I love v chronos, but regular 3 hand watches are fine as well. Would prefer a dive Bezel as well.

I'm shying away from the micro brew divers, but not disqualifying them.

watcha got for me?

Thumbed from my smart phone

·
Registered
296 Posts
Sinnsational choices.

I'd probably go for the second one.

However, I doubt I'd wear that nice a watch, toolish or not, to a workshop. Murphy's Law happens at the worst of times.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
You can't go wrong with Sinn...just don't forget the the EZM3 is 40mm while the U1 is 44...But both are great, and you can't go wrong with either one of them.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Sinn EZM gets my vote .... I know its 40ish mm but probably wears bigger ...

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
You can't go wrong with either the EZM3 or U1; Sinn produce some awesome watches.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Curious as to why you are excluding micro brew divers?

Hello there guys. It's been a while since I've posted around these parts.

What brings me back is another quest. A while back, I got a Damasko da47. I absolutely love it, with one exception. I can't get a bracelet for it. So i'm selling it and moving on to greener pastures.

I'm hoping you guys can open my eyes too some cool pieces that I may not have seem before in the $12-1500 range. To give you am idea of what I like, these are the top 3 I'm looking at right now.

sinn U1

Sinn ezm3

tutima NATO chrono

I'm looking for something toolish that went look out of place on a machine shop. A typical day for me could involve working at my desk, in a machine shop, out on the lake testing new fish finders, mowing the lawn... I'm looking for a rigged mechanical watch that fits that bill.

I'm not limited to divers, but that seems top be what I gravitate towards. Absolutely has to be mechanical, and has to have a bracelet available. I love v chronos, but regular 3 hand watches are fine as well. Would prefer a dive Bezel as well.

I'm shying away from the micro brew divers, but not disqualifying them.

watcha got for me?

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I just got a U1 and although it is 44mm, it seems to wear smaller. It's not as thick as my other "tool" watches such as the Boschett Cave Dweller or Nauticfish 1000M. I love it and think you can't go wrong getting one. But you might wait a while to find on in the sales forum that meets your price. U1s with a bracelet usually got for your upper limit and the tegimented ones go for much more.

Too bad you insist on a bracelet, I think a bronze micro-brew would go great in a machine shop, especially when you get some patina on it. That's another that you'll have to watch the sales forum for but they run right around your budget.

Helson Shark Diver - bronze

Benarus Moray - bronze

Bob

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Get the U1. It's an awesome watch. I foolishly traded mine for a Doxa 1200T Pro. It's the only watch I've ever regretted flipping.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
You made this pretty easy. Ge the sinn U1 or EZM both are sweet.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Thanks for the replies guys! Sorry for the slows response, my wife delivered our son this weekend! :D

I think I've decided what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna keep the Damasko for now, but order a blasted watchadoo to see how that looks. Maybe that will satisfy the bracelet itch.

I'm gonna take the other 400 bucks I've raised selling some other watches and pick up a Seiko diver. I've never had one and I've always been really curious. I'm thinking maybe a sumo or a spork.

So the question changes, what's the best Seiko diver I can pick up for less than $400. Used is fine.

thanks!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
You should be able to get a sumo used for right around that amount. That is the best seiko diver you can get for that amount of money.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
You should be able to get a sumo used for right around that amount. That is the best seiko diver you can get for that amount of money.
The man doesn't lie! Though it might be just a tad more than $400.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Sounds like you've decided to go another direction. But keep the U1 in the back of your mind for a future purchase. I can't pry mine off my wrist - I love it. And tough as nails.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, I hate to say it, but I've had another change of heart, I have an skx007 mod in route to me right now (should be here Monday!), and I decided that I need to buy my wife something shiny for her birthday with the remainder of the moolah. So, I get a 007 SM300 mod, she gets a pair of earrings. She just popped out a 9lb 2oz baby, I think she deserves it!

I'm definitely keeping the Sinn in mind. I'm leaning towards the EZM3, something about the U1 just get to me, I think it's the hands. I'm not a fan of the big square hands. I can handle the smaller EZM3, it's about the same size as the Damasko I have.

Incidentally, I've sort of fallen back in love with the Damasko. I put it away for a few weeks while I was trying to sell her, but after busting it back out.... man..... it's a damned nice watch. The steel is so special looking; it looks like a CAD rendering of itself, if that makes sense. I still haven't ordered a bracelet, I can't stand that the beadblasted watchadoo goes for so much more than the brushed ones.... I'm going to keep an eye out on the sales forum. I just missed one for $70 yesterday.

·
Registered
665 Posts
you can also put a Sinn bracelet on your Damasko. It won't be a perfect fit, but close enough IMHO.

Borrowed pics: source

I currently own a Tutima NATO chrono and a Sinn EZM3 - happy to take comparison shots if you want. Both are great watches but very different animals. Ultimately, I decided there isn't enough room in my watch box for both, so I put the Sinn up for sale today.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Well, I hate to say it, but I've had another change of heart, I have an skx007 mod in route to me right now (should be here Monday!), and I decided that I need to buy my wife something shiny for her birthday with the remainder of the moolah. So, I get a 007 SM300 mod, she gets a pair of earrings. She just popped out a 9lb 2oz baby, I think she deserves it!

I'm definitely keeping the Sinn in mind. I'm leaning towards the EZM3, something about the U1 just get to me, I think it's the hands. I'm not a fan of the big square hands. I can handle the smaller EZM3, it's about the same size as the Damasko I have.

Incidentally, I've sort of fallen back in love with the Damasko. I put it away for a few weeks while I was trying to sell her, but after busting it back out.... man..... it's a damned nice watch. The steel is so special looking; it looks like a CAD rendering of itself, if that makes sense. I still haven't ordered a bracelet, I can't stand that the beadblasted watchadoo goes for so much more than the brushed ones.... I'm going to keep an eye out on the sales forum. I just missed one for $70 yesterday.
Change of plans again! Sinn ezm3 incoming, Damasko DA47 outgoing! I scored a trade! **Excited**

Reactions: E8ArmyDiver

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Forgive the cellphone picture, but here she is! The size is perfect, I'm over the giant watch thing. Legibility is on par with the Damasko I let go in exchange.

The bezel on the Damasko was FAR better, but I dig the style and ruggedness of the Sinn a little more. Plus the Sinn has some other really cool technologies to make up for the plain stainless steel and looser bezel. And it's on a bracelet! The lefty crown is taking some getting used to, I've put it on backwards at least 3 times since I got it last night.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts