WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Neither are the sort I go for, but it looks as though it's a 'proper' countdown time (no. 1) versus a more legible display (no. 2). Your choice.

·
Registered
486 Posts
if i had to choose between those 2, it would be the second one...but for that price, i would get at least a solar powered casio...|>

·
Registered
166 Posts
Like Tribe they are not my style but if forced I would pick #2 even though they look totally different. #1 looks like an everyday watch and #2 looks kind of dressy in a sense so really I am no help because both are cool. Like I have been told so many times here go with what you like. Put them next to each other and see which one you are drawn to first.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay. I ordered the FIRST watch on sunday, and i recieved it today.

I dont like it at all. I can return though, which is good.

The display is very hard to read, even in light. And the "LED" is an orange light that just lights up the out side of the watch. The digits are not even lit up. Yet in the picture, it makes you think the digits glow blue. Must be photo shopped.

Ill probably just end up getting an MTG.

·
Registered
133 Posts
i don't like either, but the second one looks like it would save your life while flying at night?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i don't like either, but the second one looks like it would save your life while flying at night?
Im not going to get the second one either. Ive already sent that black cockpit back in. Im not dealing with analog/digi watches ever, worst combo IMO. Since i bought from amazon, even though it was from a different merchant, i can return anything i want. Ive seen that watch up close and its half assed. Im sure the second one is too. The "LED" on it sucks. Trust me. I cant even describe it, cause its not like a normal LED on a watch.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
That's the way it is with ana-digi watches. They have good features (like hands, for those that like hands), but are inevitably a compromise between analogue and digital watches. It's probably best to think of them as analogue watches with added features, rather than as 'half-assed', or poorly designed. I like wearing my ana-digi from time to time, as I do my analogue Seiko - but if I want a 'do it all' watch, then it has to be digital. I can't think of my AW as some sort of failure though...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts