WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been rounding up another order of resin from PacParts to play dress up with some newer additions and as I was getting ready to purchase the order I realized I should probably wait until after tomorrow's Apple event. I am a huge Casio fan, but I am very interested to see what Cupertino may, or may not, have up its sleeve.

i will say my love of GShocks relates in part to my clumsiness... I scratch the heck out of anything that doesn't have replaceable resin. Heck, I pretty much turn my iPhone into a GShock with some sort of resin case to protect it. So IF an iWatch surfaces tomorrow, maybe I can still buy resin for it b-)

·
Registered
328 Posts
Let us know what you hear? Unlikely I'll be interested in an iWatch, but you never know...

Ken

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I have yet to see a "smart watch" that I want to buy, mainly because I don't care to get notifications on my watch. My phone is easy enough to use for that.

But Apple does have a way of making cool stuff that people want, so it will be interesting to see. I'll be watching, for sure.

Edit: DERP. I don't have an Apple device so I can't watch the live stream. Can you believe they're doing that?

I'm checking out the Verge's live blog, though. No worries. :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Just saw the announcement for the Apple Watch aka iWatch -- gotta admit, I feel a bit skeptical about it all. Not sure if it's actually going to be that great of a thing.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Hmmmm. An electronic crown. Now where have I seen that before ... ?

It has some cool features, but I think my wrist is safe from the Apple Watch for now. ;-)

I wonder why they're calling it the "Apple Watch" instead of the iWatch.

Some kind of shift in branding, I suppose.

(Google Glass makes more sense to me as a wearable, but I'm waiting for the price to go down, plus an updated version.)

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
That looks pretty good, thanks for photos |>

I like how it looks almost like a mechanical watch, not too futuristic. Lug design is similar to Radiomir, I hope changing straps on iWatch will be easier, it's not a quick job on Radiomir.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
That looks pretty good, thanks for photos |>

I like how it looks almost like a mechanical watch, not too futuristic. Lug design is similar to Radiomir, I hope changing straps on iWatch will be easier, it's not a quick job on Radiomir.

If you look at the rear of the watch in the picture I posted, you can see two indentations. These look to be spring loaded retention clips. You push these in and slide the strap out of the side of the watch. There is a fixed-bar adapter that slides into this spot that the mesh and leather straps, maybe others, use.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Wow. Seriously impressive.

The most modern G-Shock is to the Apple watch as a MicroTAC is to the iPhone.

Of course, mechanical watches are to the Apple watch like rotary phones are to the iPhone.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I was hoping the price would be lower.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I don't appreciate Apple's use of hyperboles and ridiculous exaggerations. In talking about being able to send taps and emojis using the phone, the demo claims that this'll be the newest and most innovative way to communicate with others.

What happened to the classic way of communicating, as in get up, walk down the hall, and talk to somebody face to face? iWatch's marketing talk makes in-person contact seem so obsolete...

·
Registered
501 Posts
A "discreet and nuanced experience"? Not by my reckoning

I don't really need cutesy emoji's buzzing on my arm in business meetings.
I can get notifications on my watch... which also needs to be within a foot of my phone, which will also show the same notifications.
It has a heart rate monitor. I'll just eat more healthily thanks

They'll probably sell bucketloads of them though.

1 - 20 of 132 Posts