WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Looks like I might have an IWC Aquatimer 356802 b-) on it's way to me via trade.

Stunning watch. My question: Does anyone know how thick the crystal is? No reason in particular, other than my curiosity. :roll:

Seems they have achieved 2000m with a modest 14mm case height. Pretty cool.

Thanks. Looking forward to handling this beauty. :-!

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I have read in the 2009 Catalog that the crystal in some Aquatimers is up to 3.7 mm thick. Since it seems logical that this is used for the extreme water resistance, I think it's safe to conclude that the crystal in your watch is 3.7 mm thick.

Kind regards,

Cinq

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Cinq, much appreciated.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Damn, Steven, nice pick up! :-!

I can't wait to see the pics, but seriously dude, how is your U1 taking the news? ;-)

Regards,
Adam

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I got a question, how wide is the crystal?
What do you mean? The diameter of the crystal? I have no idea but you can measure that from the pictures on the IWC site I think.

The diameter of the entire watch is in the technical details, from that you can calculate the scale of the image and thus the size of the dial. I have used this trick to determine the lug width and it is accurate enough to determine if the lug width is 21 or 22 mm so I guess it's good enough for determining the crystal diameter too.

Kind regards,

Cinq

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.