WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've been eyeing this one on eBay but since I'm not familiar with IWC vintage watches, I'd like to canvass opinions before I bid:
a) Is it legit? (or frankenwatch?)
b) any comments about the movement itself? Does it look OK?
c) the seller has said the dial is original, and I'm inclined to believe that. Do you think the dial looks original, or am I being overly naive?

Thanks!
IWC1.JPG

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,919 Posts
looks guenine to me. The calibre is an original one. Dial has probably been redone a while back I would say.

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
I think the dial looks fantastic and considering the even patina it has I'm inclined to think its the original dial. Its a real beauty. good luck

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks everyone for your help!

DaBaeker, I agree with you about the even patina, it was what attracted me too :) I also liked that the edges around the lugs were still reasonably sharp and not overpolished too much.

I was looking for a clean, simple vintage dial and this one fit the bill. Now to figure out what to bid ...

·
Premium Member
12,919 Posts
I think you will be in the 1500-2000$ range perhaps more because vintage IWCs are never cheap

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think you will be in the 1500-2000$ range perhaps more because vintage IWCs are never cheap
Yep, doing my math and gritting my teeth (and trying not to dip too much into my savings). I suspect the price will be somewhere above $1000 but one can still hope. Very very hypothetically, if I win the bid, and pay real quick, it maaaay just arrive in time for Christmas ... :)

In any case, just as a by-the-way, I found a website that allows you to date an IWC watch, so I'm providing the link so future forumers can try it out.

It informed me that this watch was from around 1964, so that was quite helpful indeed!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts