WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I box a bit and have a double end bag set up in my garage. I was walking past the bag and just did a couple 1-2's, literally 3 times and said to myself to take off the watch. I didn't and hit the bag one more time and walked away. Sure enough it stopped and now will run only for short time periods.

For those that don't know a double end bag isn't a hard hitting bag. How can this watch that is like new but a year or so old have been so delicate. I have plenty of other watches that I have worn during many sporting activities. Anybody have issues with IWC movements being delicate? This is a $10k watch???

·
Registered
809 Posts
Not sure which Dual Time it is but that sucks. Trust me I baby my watches except for the g-shocks and the Seiko’s because I am learning these high end watches are vulnerable to the harsh realities of the real world.

I have seen high end expensive automatic watch hands come loose from someone shaking them lightly instead of winding the crown to start them. Sorry that happened to you, I am sure someone here on the forum with more expertise can probably give better advice on what happened.

Post a pic would like to see the model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yeah post a pic. But to box with a mechanical watch is never a good idea.
Is like to go offroad in the woods with a lambo.
Sounds like you took the risk and had bad luck.
But anyways the repair will not be more than 1k even if something broke.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have to laugh as I went to drop off not looking at card and warranty expired 11/08/18.

Anybody want a broken Ignenieur Dual Time?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts