WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
惟 3861 Sandwich
That's cool !!!

Today it was raining heavily in NYC, and I was stopping by the IWC store to get a watch fixed. Having forgotten my umbrella, I was soaking wet from the rain. I was totally prepared to get soaked on my way back home, but, just as I was walking out, the manager ran over and gave me this
馃槂
Bravo to the manager. Credit where credit is due. I would send a note to IWC (with link to this thread :) )

Which one was it (these are the only ones I could find)

Premium Member
I stopped in last year just to kill time with a friend. We let them know that we were just looking, but the manager insisted on giving us a tour and showing us some very expensive watches. She then offered to pour us a drink and allow us to sit in the lounge area, which we declined, but we were blown away by how nice she was. On the way out, she gave me a hard covered catalog and an IWC bag to carry it in. Really cool place with lots to see.

She then offered to pour us a drink and allow us to sit in the lounge area, which we declined, but we were blown away by how nice she was. On the way out, she gave me a hard covered catalog and an IWC bag to carry it in. Really cool place with lots to see.
I do not think this is effective.

I remember - waaaay back - when I would see every month the cover of the (new) Cosmopolitan magazine issue and it would say sth like "This month: 4 new things to do to him, that will make him BEG".

Rolex + Patek ADs have internalized such lessons, and their style is very different from what you described.

Registered
I stopped in last year just to kill time with a friend. We let them know that we were just looking, but the manager insisted on giving us a tour and showing us some very expensive watches. She then offered to pour us a drink and allow us to sit in the lounge area, which we declined, but we were blown away by how nice she was. On the way out, she gave me a hard covered catalog and an IWC bag to carry it in. Really cool place with lots to see.
Yep, I had a similar experience.

Premium Member
I do not think this is effective.

I remember - waaaay back - when I would see every month the cover of the (new) Cosmopolitan magazine issue and it would say sth like "This month: 4 new things to do to him, that will make him BEG".

Rolex + Patek ADs have internalized such lessons, and their style is very different from what you described.
I鈥檓 not so sure it wasn鈥檛 effective. I鈥檇 but a watch from them if I were in the market for another IWC, and I did go back sometime later to buy a new strap.

I鈥檓 not so sure it wasn鈥檛 effective. I鈥檇 but a watch from them if I were in the market for another IWC, and I did go back sometime later to buy a new strap.
If they did not make you BEG -> failure (ask right across Madison Av, at Rolex).

Joking aside, boutiques are mostly showrooms for the locals and retail points for the tourists (and I would buy a watch too - if I could not save enough buying elswhere)

Meanwhile, cudos to them for being nice.

Registered
Good to hear. I've been there a few times and they do offer a great customer experience -- as do the 5th Ave Breitling and Omega Boutiques, and Wempe also.

The nearby RB, not so much, IME, but then, they haven't had much stock on any of the occasions I've been in there.

Registered
wow. that's very cool. i love it.
a small gesture like this makes you wanna come back for more watch purchases 馃槉 .
i was once gifted an IWC baseball cap. unfortunately i lost it :cry:.

Registered
The NYC boutique is amazing. Wonderful staff including Danielle who loves talking watches.
I bought a watch at full retail because my experiences there has been the best out of all the watch boutiques in the city.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts