WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased the Mark XVI and while I love the black leather strap, I am looking for more strap options. Possibly a golden brown Hirsch Heavy Calf, a grey and black striped nato, and maybe even the bracelet.

If you have a Mark XVI on a strap other than the black leather, I'd love to see it. And those who have it on the bracelet, you may need to persuade me to make the investment via photos.

Pictures.jpg

·
Registered
103 Posts
Looks good!
I remember having seen a brown strap here on the forum a year ago.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Really nice, I like the vintage strap. Can someone recommend a cheap tool to change bands? I never have before and I have no idea what I'm doing. Thanks!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Black leather strap is the best combo imho. That Maratec isn't too bad either.

·
Registered
438 Posts
IWC.jpg
I like this vintage leather.

Thought about springing for the bracelet, too. Although I have always preferred bracelets, on this particular watch, I think a strap works best.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just purchased the Mark XVI and while I love the black leather strap, I am looking for more strap options. Possibly a golden brown Hirsch Heavy Calf, a grey and black striped nato, and maybe even the bracelet.

If you have a Mark XVI on a strap other than the black leather, I'd love to see it. And those who have it on the bracelet, you may need to persuade me to make the investment via photos.

I've ordered a few Nato style straps that I'm awaiting delivery on for my MK XVI. If you're interested I cap post pics.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Natos are great! A tip: put a piece of tape on the case back to prevent the scoring that will be caused by the nylon natos. Nothing big, but they definitely will leave marks.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Natos are great! A tip: put a piece of tape on the case back to prevent the scoring that will be caused by the nylon natos. Nothing big, but they definitely will leave marks.

Enjoy!
Oh wow, I had no idea Nato's would leave wear marks! Would I place the tape from lug to lug on the case back? Will the strap also wear the case between the lugs? Thanks!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Here is a pic my Mark XVI with Europelli shell cordovan strap (Horween color #8) with Vintage Patina stitching. I love the strap but don't think the stitch color matches up that well with the dial. If I had it to do over again, I might with either black to match the dial, white to match the markers, brown to match the strap, or a more muted brown like Martin Blank's above. Your thoughts?

John

·
Registered
150 Posts
Nice!!! You guys are tempting me to pull the trigger on my first iwc!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi,

After a couple of years with the black leather crocodile straps (which looks great btw!), I both saw how the strap became a bit torn and also wanted some change.

Hence, I ordered a set of completely different colored 20mm straps from this shop: maratac and played round a bit with my IWC Mark XVI.

The black one is the most neutral. The sand brown one will look great this summer with some tan and a dark polo. The striped one.. hmm I'm not so sure yet. The orange one I guess can be acceptable in the ski slope or by the sea he he.

The tool on the picture is the Bergeon Springbar tool which I got cheap from Amazon. It wasn't too hard changing the straps with this - every watch enthusiast should be able to do it, but be a bit careful not to scratch anything.

Thought you might want to see too for some inspiration!

View attachment 975012
View attachment 975016
View attachment 975017
View attachment 975018

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Wow, what a fantastic looking watch..!!!

The bracelet is insanely nice and worth whatever they want to charge for it, I wouldn't have my Mark any other way!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts