WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any thoughts on this watch? Know its already sold out but if super interested if anyone is re-selling!

Reactions: 1165dvd

·
Registered
648 Posts
Collective Horology is a member only watch club. They periodically offer special editions to members. You have to pay to join, then you get to pay a premium price for the watch. The IWC is a 41mm pilots chrono with some special touches like black day/date wheels. Dig the watch, but not enough to join.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
There’s no fee to join. And acceptance isn’t as pretentious as it seems on the surface. But you are required to buy the watch to be part of the group once accepted, and you have to buy one of the future watches every two years to keep your membership. It’s not so much an exclusive club as it is an enthusiast club. The rules sort of ensure that there’s some level of buy in.

I spoke a few times with Gabe, one of the creators of the group. He couldn’t have been nicer. Ultimately, I passed on the watch as my budget wasn’t at that level. Still, it’s a banging take on the current Pilot Chrono. I love it.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Personally I love the monochromatic look of the Collective edition. I hope they release a Pilot 41 with a similar configuration for the average consumer.

·
Premium Member
IWC Porsche Design Titan, Habring2 Chrono COS ZM, Sinn EZM 10, and more...
7,144 Posts
I don't understand - is this watch made by IWC or from IWC parts put together 3rd party
My understanding is that a movement maker under the Richemont umbrella (Val Fleurier I think) designed the movement, which was inspired by the original Valjoux 7750 design (but with crown wheel, swapped running seconds and 12-hour sub dials, probably other changes I can’t remember). When IWC completed construction of their manufacturing facility, production of that movement moved over to IWC.

So IWC manufactures the movement, but it is not technically an “in-house” creation.

Edit: not sure I answered the question you asked…

·
Premium Member
IWC Porsche Design Titan, Habring2 Chrono COS ZM, Sinn EZM 10, and more...
7,144 Posts
Yikes…
Fit, to me, includes the end links.
It may fit the width, but those end links are not designed for a case of this thickness. The top surface of the link should be flush, or at least really close, to the level of the lug top.

That gap is quite deep, and not a great fit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts