WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, this story sucks because it doesn't have me owning a watch or even any pictures to share...after a long stroll in Rome with my wife, we were exhausted but I spotted an IWC store so we made our way there...the clerk, a younger gentleman was first class...Royal treatment...took all the watches I was looking at, explained the complications with more enthusiasm than I had ever seen...

he noticed I was keen on the Yacht Club blue dial but was also very fond of the Pilot line of watches. I explained that I had just divested from my IWC Portuguese because it wore too small on my wrist. But the Pilot line wore a little too sporty....

so here's the surprise. He asked if he could show me a Special edition watch for the flagship stores....he disappeared out back and came back with a beautiful IW 3777-06... A Pilot Petit Prince special edition...Blue, dial, Chrono, Day & 3-dates, just gorgeous.....!! It was a 42mm, but wore larger on my wrist....he was also carrying a strap made by a famous italian shoe maker in a light faded brown town (alligator strap)....

the he combo was superb, the price UNBELIEVABLY low....! I left to have a drink and "discuss" it with the wife. We lost track of time and I tried calling them several times but by the time I came back, the store was closed...

my flight leaves tomorrow morning....way too early for me to be able to go get it.....so disappointed...need Forum cheering up.... :-(

here's a I found online but with just a calf leather strap.....what a gorgeous watch....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Call him and have it shipped, the watch is absolutely striking!

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
How cheap? The regular version on alligator leather retails €5400.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How cheap? The regular version on alligator leather retails €5400.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2
Less than €5k including the special alligator strap and a clasp VAT not included. I would have to work out the VAT refund if applicable. Compared to the Spitfire model..........that's a steal!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just visited the (brandnew) IWC boutique in Amsterdam and considered buying it. (I still regret not buying the Le petit prince IWC Mark XVII limited, with same sun-ray dial.)
The retail price over here is €5600 including 21% vat. I think you can get it refunded on the airport when leaving the country. It is indeed an amazing watch!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I read your post and loved the watch. I am a bit compulsive, i felt I couldn't live with out this watch There was 1 left in the US., Miami. I got the watch yesterday and love it. iwc c.JPG thanks larry

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I read your post and loved the watch. I am a bit compulsive, i felt I couldn't live with out this watch There was 1 left in the US., Miami. I got the watch yesterday and love it. thanks larry

haha!! Epic...! Go petit price! Very nice IWC collection! More pictures please.....!!

Did you manage to see the perpetual calendar Petit Prince edition? I love how they incorporated the Pett Prince in the Moon Phase!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts