WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ANY ONE KNOW ABOUT J-SPRING WATCHES . I LIKE THIS MODLE BEB023 IKNOW THERE SEIKO BUT I NEVER HAVE SEN A REVIEW:thanks

·
Registered
372 Posts
I owned one some months back. Not a bad watch, the difference was in the fit and finish. Finish more than anything. Once I recieved the watch, the first thing I noticed was that the dial could have had more detail. And once on the wrist, the metal bracelet was somewhat noisy.
Other than that the watch was an OK watch, and I did flip it for what I had in it. If you are buying one for not much money, I say go for it and see what you get.

·
Banned
11,612 Posts
ANY ONE KNOW ABOUT J-SPRING WATCHES.
J. Springs is a Seiko sub brand. The name means "Japan Springs" (ask seiko what they were trying to convey with that one). It was introduced in 2001 and is actually owned by Seiko Instruments (the former Daini Seikosha). All of their movements are entry level, unmodified Seiko Instruments quartz and automatic movements (such as the intro level 7s). Their watches are all entry level models with styling being the main focus. They have a number of diver styled watches, but no true divers that I know of. The brand comes in somewhere between Pulsar and Lorus (probably closer to the former) in the Seiko hierarchy. They are marketed globally and no, I have no clue on how they differentiate from other brands (especially pulsar). There sure seems to be a lot of overlap though.

The few that I've seen seem to be of comparable quality to entry level Seiko 5's and/or Pulsar models. Many models that are not currently shown have had some interesting (read wild and/or experimental) styling.

This is one Seiko brand that often tends to get overlooked. While most of their stuff seems to be quartz, they do have a line of very interesting automatics (divers, dress, GMT and style). BTW, I LOVE THEIR WORLDTIMERS:

There is a line of automatic divers from J.Springs. Interestingly these have internal timing bezels. The "Master Diver" name came from a German Site that I read that was reporting on them (that's what they called them):

Specs:

• J.Springs Automatic Caliber Y676
• Automatic Day / Date (21 jewels)
• Stainless Steel Case
• Curved Mineral Glass
• Rotating Inner Bezel
• See-through Screw Caseback
• Newlite Luminous (Hour & Minute Hands)
• Case size: 43.0mm
• Case thickness: 14.4mm

I have they use a rebranded version of Seiko's 7S movements and they aren't true dive watches, but hey they sure look good. If tradition is anything to go by they should be price very inexpensively.

Also here are some other models, including the other variants of that diver. EBay still has them widely available, but I'm not sure that J. springs offers them any more. Their website has several new models, which BTW, look great.

Sadly I couldn't find a big picture of the blue one, but I too looks awesome:

Couldn't find a big pic of the Billiards model, but that one looks like a really fun piece, even if it's all show:

Got to love those "blued" looking hands and indices:

The diver's aren't my style. I'm not a fan of the integrated markers and chapter ring, but they do have swapable aluminum inserts and awesome looking hands (which would serve well on a mod elsewhere). Their "planet ocean style one is kinda cool thought.

Check out the BBH107 quartz diver:

bigger pics of the first few I posted above:

Here where they are listed on the J.Springs site:

http://www.j-springs.com/products/automatic.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts