WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jacques Etoile will launch the new model Bidynator in spring 2007

A hommage to the launch of the ETA 2824 in 1972 and the colourful wrist watches of the 70ties. Every model will be limited to 50 pieces. The 2824-2 movements will be finished at its best, a chronometer balance is another feature.
Here´s a pic of the orange one:

Can´t tell the other colours, but time will tell.

Another project ist the Grand Regulateur based on a Unitas 6498, orders are already welcome :)

Already available: The Jacques Etoile IMOLA, a chronograph based on a modified Valjoux automatic movement (Bi-Compax) in super-soigné finish.

Dials are available in black and silver with redgold numerals. Comes with a leather strap for 2530 Euro.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I like what is coming out. I like the Regulator and the watch with the Bidynator, on the JE site, is pretty cool looking.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi:
The Bidynator imho is terrific looking. Watch Buys has one with a white dial and blueyed hands. I will be interested to see the other colors.
Richard
The Bidynator you are pointing at is the Bidynator 42, the Bidynator 72 is quite different.

Pics by Jacques Etoile

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why does the bidynator watch cost so much?
Try to fetch a 1942 Felsa Bidynator movement and make it a watch and you´ll know.
This 11½-lines movement indeed was first introduced in 1942 and was the first bidirectional automatic movement. which means that the rotor winds up the movement in both directions. This movement is kind of milestone of watchmaking history, a collector´s item though.

Bidirectional movements of other companies followed but the Felsa is still the No. 1. The Bidynator was equipped with a screw balance (18.000 b/h).

·
Registered
5 Posts
:) Rainer Nienaber still has the best looking regulator.

:think: Now, I wonder has he done anything about the quality of his dials.
That prototype look is a real drag.
Since the early models like the KS Big Date, Rainer Nienaber has changed his dial supplier and now uses the same dial maker that Glashuette Original used until very recently. For the high-end models like the Retrolator and the Retrograde he does most of the work in-house, and the results are among the best in the industry. So no worries about dial quality anymore.

And I agree about the Regulator.. :-!

And no, I don't work for Nienaber. I'm just a a fan, a friend and a very satisfied customer who would have owned a lot more Nienabers if I weren't so impoverished at the moment... But that will change soon! :gold

Bernard

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.