WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that this question has been posed before but looking for feedback on JL quality for the base quartz. I have found a really nice older panda style and looking for input.. junk....? For $160 how does comparetoSeiko etc.

· Registered
5,954 Posts
I bought a deeply discounted Jacques Lemans automatic chrono a few months ago and after getting it would have been happy paying $800 for it. I paid $473. It looks comparable to lower end automatic chronos that I see like Hamiltons etc. I am very happy with it. The band is very cheap but I wasn't expecting real alligator skin. I have no idea if their inexpensive quartz watches are as nice.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Wrist

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

· Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, btw
that is a great looking watch.

i like the off brand values that you don't see on many. But not like Invicta which are a dime a dozen and oooz "cheap"
no offense intended to any Invicta folks.
Beauty is truly in the eyes of the beholder !

· Registered
2,675 Posts
I got a JL a couple of months ago with a Seiko 7t62. Only returned it because it was a used watch sold as new but quality seemed ok. If you don't mind sharing the link by PM, I'm still looking for one...May be the model you found! 😁

· Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Had several in the past, no complaints. They do have some designs that interest me. May consider getting another.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

· Registered
92 Posts
Does anyone own or have any feedback on the JL Porto Automatic?

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

It's a very attractive sport automatic IMO.. don't think I would pay MSRP but have not seen any of these show up on the used market unfortunately

· Registered
5,954 Posts
I bought a deeply discounted Jacques Lemans automatic chrono a few months ago and after getting it would have been happy paying $800 for it. I paid $473. It looks comparable to lower end automatic chronos that I see like Hamiltons etc. I am very happy with it. The band is very cheap but I wasn't expecting real alligator skin. I have no idea if their inexpensive quartz watches are as nice.

View attachment 11423850
View attachment 11423890
Wow, thanks for the like. It has been so long I didn't have a photo saved of the watch!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts