WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:think: :think: This has probably been asked before but here it goes. Are Jacques Lemans Swiss Made Watches? I can not find a home page for them and SHNBC, Overstock, and those kind of sites are the only ones that come up on a google search. Thanks in advance .

S

·
0 Posts
www.jacques-lemans.com

* 1977 :: Jacques Lemans founded by it’s today’s owners Alfred and Norbert Riedl.
* 1979 :: Production in Switzerland
* 1982 :: Subsidiary company in Hong Kong
* 1995 :: Subsidiary company in Germany
* 1999 :: European Headquarter in Austria
* 2002 :: Relocation of production to Geneve
* 2005 :: Jacques Lemans available worldwide in more than 50 nations.
* 2006 :: Jacques Lemans makes the first official Formula 1™ watch collection under license from Bernie Ecclestone and the Formula One Group.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Wow Mike I had know idea :-! My question if you know? are they the same people or the same watches that are on SHNBC even though The gentle on there Lior purchase them thru whatever sources that he does?

S

·
0 Posts
Wow Mike I had know idea :-! My question if you know? are they the same people or the same watches that are on SHNBC even though The gentle on there Lior purchase them thru whatever sources that he does?
Well, imho the watches on SHNBC are the same watches I´ve seen here at local ADs but some of the watches offered at SHNBC seem to be last years JL-watches. (To know: JL produces a lot of different models, some will only last 1 or 2 years - and longer if they sell ;-)

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Thanks Mike to bad we cant see the new stuff over here instead getting the old stuff or last years stuff:think:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I finally had a word with one of my local dealers yesterday. He confirmed that Jacques Lemans have production facilities in Switzerland and Asia. The watches that are marked "Swiss Made" are, of course Swiss. The others are Asian made with Japanese movements, not Chinese.

MMT
Thanks for all the Info. I bought the Day/Date/Auto and feel better about it now. Still have not received it from SHNBC bought on 11-20-06. Thanks Again.:-!

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
That's a very sharp watch DPO, love the dial on that one.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I have a Swiss made Jaques Lemans from the Geneve collection that I wear for dressy occaisions. I know most here don't care for gold plated watches but I do like mine alot. Solid end link comfy multilink bracelet, decorated ETA 2824, sapphire crystals. A few knocks are that the movement is held with a plastic spacer and it runs kinda fast about +15 secs.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Wow, JCHoLnturn that is one great looking dress JL. I really like it. here is a pics of my Geneve Collection JL:

Len

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
Very snazzy watches gents.
Definitely "uptown" looking.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
O| O|
:think: :think: This has probably been asked before but here it goes. Are Jacques Lemans Swiss Made Watches? I can not find a home page for them and SHNBC, Overstock, and those kind of sites are the only ones that come up on a google search. Thanks in advance .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
O| Well here is a update on the Jacques Lemans I ordered from SHNBC. The order was placed on 11-19-06 for two Quartz (Gifts) and a day-date-auto for me. The Quarts came on 12-08 and on line the auto is still NA. I called SHNBC today and after 15 min they told me they have no idea where the watch is as it was pulled for shipping. I was told some one would call in five to seven days. You know the only reason I even watch SHNBC is for the SWI watches and now they have SCR____ that up. I have been very happy with any SWI watch that I have kept and the one time I needed service they were great. O| O|

·
Registered
401 Posts
I have never had a problem with shopnbc. You have to understand going in that it will take a while to get your watch and you will be ok. I guess they sell them and then get them from the manufacturer. It does take a while though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The Jacques Lemans arrived today and in my eyes it's a keeper. This is the auto full decoration,day at 12 o clock, date at 3 and sunburst dial drop dead gorgeous. SHNBC sent it FedX and it arrived in record time. Alright do not get upset but I have to say I have never had a problem with SHNBC as long as I purchase from SWI. I may be wrong but SWI may have had something to do with this fix.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Delphi the only thing I can say is make sure you inspect it carefully i.e. crystal, case hands etc.and congrats on your new watch:-!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts