WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just bought this watch last week and so far I'm in love. Bought it used, but holy crap was it in mint condition when I received it (might have been lightly polished but I don't mind). I was thinking about the leather or rubber strap as an option but figured I'd kick myself if I didn't go with the bracelet which is both deployant and adjustable. I went off the deep end in terms of research and love the 975H movement. It's running around ~+2.5 - 3 seconds a day which I'm super happy about. Such a bummer the Master Compressor line was discontinued. It was a neat, but brief era by JLC.

A few observations:
- The watch is substantial. A bit top heavy and I definitely do not forget it's on my wrist. I like this feeling (so far).
- Holy glare Batman. When I look at the dial directly in the sun the first thing I see is my face followed by the dial. I don't think there's any AR coating to speak of.
- It's very shiny but I kind of like that right now. Since it's not a Rolex, I don't really have to worry about calling attention to the watch.
- Micro adjustment on the bracelet is a dream and it's very comfortable. You do need two hands to remove the watch but I think that just speaks to JLC's penchant for over engineering which I'm a fan of.
- I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that the hands are white gold which give it a low key luxury vibe.

I don't see a whole lot of these for sale, doubly so with the bracelet so hopefully there aren't a ton of problems with this model. That being said, I'd love to hear from the forum if anyone has any thoughts on the watch (good, bad, or service issues encouraged!).

I don't mean to start a fight, but can't help but feel like this watch is what the A.lange Odysseus should have been!

IMG_1449.jpeg

·
Registered
135 Posts
Re: Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Compressor Dualmatic 1738171

Nice watch!

Sorry to be that guy but that is the GMT, not the dualmatic.

·
Registered
135 Posts

Nice watch!

·
Registered
135 Posts

Nice watch!

·
Registered
28,501 Posts

Nice score. Congrats on your JLC!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts